4050-80 light plate help?

Hey guys!

I have a slight problem with my 4050-80 light plate. it’s only a bulb with 2 wire leads. It however, trips the NAC circuit breaker on my SK-4 and same on my SK-5208.

Wondering if anybody would have a remedy.

Thanks!

Very simple. The light is not diode polarized and it’s overloading the circuit when the panel is normal.
Are the wires black and white and come straight out of the light bulb socket? If so read below.

NAC supervisory works using a principle called “Reverse Polarity” where there’s constantly 24 VDC on the circuit except the power is flowing backwards from what it does when the circuit is in alarm. Diode polarization is simply adding a one way valve to the circuit that stops the power flowing backwards from powering the signal and blowing your panel’s breaker.

Go to RadioShack and get a 1N4001 diode like this one:

Wire the end with the gray band to the white wire from the bulb on your 4050-80 and…
Wire the other end of the diode to the + output from the NAC. That will add the one way valve you need to use the signal on a NAC.
Wire the black wire from the bulb to the - output from the NAC like normal.

The 4050-80 is supposed to come with a diode already wired to it, but it appears that it was either cut off of yours or it did not have one for some reason. If your signal was meant to be used on an AC circuit then there will not be a diode.

Hope this helps!

Thanks man! I’ll pick one up today