Having trouble identifying new fire alarm horn at campus

Can anybody tell me what this model is? I’m scratching my head on this one.

Looks like a Wheelock MT.

I thought that too, but comparing to the wheelock website there’s some differences. I even have Schumin scratching his head.

Ben Schumin? He still has an interest in fire alarms?

It looks to me like a Wheelock AHWP. They’re the same kind of horn installed outside of my high school, as its a weatherproof horn.

Here is the manual. You can’t really tell by the picture, but the grille is there, it’s just a really low-res picture.

Looks like either a Wheelock EH-EL1 or EH-DL1. They’re basically the same thing.

I think you are right on the AWHP. I tried to get better photos but the lighting in Danner Hall at San Joaquin Delta College is atrocious.

Ben Schumin still has an interest, but merely milder than before.

Welcome back gothyoda – I remember you from a long time ago when you were on here.

D’oh, I asked the Environmental Department at SJDC what the brand was. The lady in charge of the department said Honeywell. snorts

I’ll have to wait to wait until the Honeywell guys are on campus to see what the horns are. They’d know…hopefully.

Well, Honeywell’s been known to rebrand some of Wheelock’s products. Some of Destin’s alarms are Wheelock devices that just have a Honeywell logo slapped onto them. I’m pretty sure it’s a Wheelock horn, though.

Honeywell seemed to install a lot of strobeless horns in the early 90’s, so it’s most likely a rebranded Wheelock EH-series. The Honeywell model number would be something like SC806A****. I don’t think it’s an AHWP because the one in the first picture is on a semi-flush plate indoors, and the AHWP is listed for outdoor use.

Only one way to find out for sure: Be in the building while they’re testing the signals!

Honeywell is always at San Joaquin Delta College for one reason or another.
Btw, these alarms are replacing the Simplex 4060s. So, they’re “new” in that sense.

My vote goes to Wheelock AH-WP, it looks identical to the one I have.

It looks like a horizontal MT with the strobe removed

okay in theory this is clearer but again…lighting at SJDC is terrible.

I’m 100% sure these are MTs.

It can’t be an MT.

MT’s have covers that go over the screws, to protect them for outdoor use.
In the picture, you can see that the screws do not have spaces for covers.

Older generation MT’s do not have screw covers.

It could either be:

• An older-generation MT
  • An EH-EL1 or EH-DL1
  • AHWP

They’re all identical, so only way to know for sure would be to check the label. If it was installed within the past 15 years or so, chances are it’s an AHWP.