Simplex 4003 Won't Activate

I’m building a portable demonstration system with a 4010 and 4003 as an adjunct voice panel. The 4003 is supposed to go into alarm when the 4010’s NAC trips, but I have not been able to get this to work. Nothing happens. The 4003 otherwise works fine and plays the evac message when the MANUAL EVAC switch is flipped.

So, I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong. The EOLR is at the 4003’s terminals (I tried it with and without), the test mode switch is not flipped, NAC polarity is correct, and the jumpers are all in correct positions for adjunct mode. I metered the “NAC IN” terminals on the 4003 to make sure it’s getting voltage from the 4010, and it’s getting -24V in normal condition and +24V in alarm as it should. I don’t have it connected to an IDC, since it’s a demo system that doesn’t need supervision.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or know of anything I might have missed?

if you remove the resistor (which should be on the 4003 terminals), the 4010 should get a trouble.

for some reason it looks like a power connection to the 4010 is needed too, like 0volts off the 4010 aux into the 4003.

I take it this is the original Simplex manufactured 4003. Chris+s is correct, a 0V connection between the panels is required for correct operation. Below is the field wiring diagram for this. The ZAM is there to trip the 4010 into alarm from the 4003 to drop doors, activate strobes, etc.

The 0V connection fixed it! Thanks chris+s and Retired STR-SG for your help.

I know this topic is old but I have the same problem except I have a Simplex 4005. How would I go about connecting the 0v to the 4005? Would I program one of the circuits on the 4pt NAC/Input card to an Auxiliary output and connect the negative from TB2 on the 4003 Power Supply card to the negative on ckt4 (Programmed as Auxiliary Power Output) or is there an easier way preferably not using a NAC or zone card?

Use a 0V connection on the power distribution board as the drawing below shows.

Also, when a NAC is converted to AUX it becomes a dry contact control relay. It does not supply any power.

Awesome! Thanks for your help.