As Built Engineered Systems, inc.

I’m looking for information on a company that we purchased a system from a few years ago. They seem to have dropped off the face of the earth. The name is AsBuilt, which makes searching difficult because that is also a technical term used in construction, as you all know.

http://www.asbuiltsystems.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/company/as-built-engineered-systems-inc-

The fire system was, at the time, basically the only IP-based fire detection system available. We installed a massive system with 30 separate buildings where it was impossible to install a wired system, and still is. Now that we are unable to get replacement parts I want to find out what happened to their intellectual property in the hope that there is another company that has taken up their torch.

Through a lucky image search of fire panels I have found a company called FireBus that has the EXACT same annunciator panels as AsBuilt. FireBus sounded very nervous that I had found them and now they will no longer return my calls … very strange situation.
http://firebussystems.com/meship-overview-and-architecture

My hope is that someone here can offer some information, or point me in a direction. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I moved your topic to the correct “Help” forum.

AsBuilt was constructed from a bunch of legacy Honeywell employees. Their company also goes under MNS+ Integrated Life Safety and based out of the Boston area. Confirmed the company is no longer in business, no notice was sent out.

Your story isn’t usual as there’s been others having issues with troubleshooting and service parts. In many cases, these panels are ripped out and changed out to Gamewell-FCI E3 or S3 panels using fiber optics networking since the cabinets are almost the same.

AsBuilt was ahead of its time but at a fault. Codes, AHJs are not ready for a IP-based fire alarm system…yet

I googled some integrators that carried their line, maybe try these guys: Specialty Electronic Systems | SES Alarms

Or look around for someone more local to wherever you are that carried AsBuilt systems.

Hi My name is Eddie Fernandez. I am a senior controls engineer. And we used As Built Engineered Systems. In one of our transit systems and projects in Vegas. Naturally, as this post mention I 've been trying to reach and get a hold of Bill Abrahams for the past 3 years unsuccessfully, he was the president of as built. We have a problem on service parts as you and re stocking or finding a electrical shop that can service or repair the fire ALM modules. I wonder if somebody could advise on what you ended up doing on your situation or if I can get a comparable system. Unfortunately at our installation we can not switch our networking into fiber optics due to physical problems, accessability, engineering design and the PLC automation system. If anybody can give me advise or now somebody that can retrofit this fire system with the same capabilities and functionality. I will really appreciate it. Good Day