Simplex 4005 Factory Reset?

I just have a quick question I wanted to ask before I proceed on.

I recently replaced the CPU in my Simplex 4005. This CPU has a custom level 4 programming access code; it is not the default. I need this code to remove all the old cards from the system and add the ones I have. I’ve tried so many different variations of the default code, but none have worked. So, I’ve just been taking some time and sitting down with the panel and guessing every single code from 0000 to 9999. I’ve tried about 1,300 codes so far (those being 0000 to 1300) with no luck, and this is getting pretty tedious.

My dad, who works as a building engineer and regularly deals with fire alarm systems and other systems, told me there HAS to be some way to factory reset it, like removing the CMOS battery (I don’t think there is one) or there has to be a master code aside from the default that will log me in. Is this true? Because, from what I’ve heard, there is absolutely no backdoor into the 4005.

Someone commented on one of my YouTube videos saying something about jumping two pins somewhere to wipe it, but I don’t feel comfortable doing that, considering the fact this is my 5th fire alarm panel and also my most expensive, and I’d rather not fry it. Heck, I got the thing fried and I just spent almost $200 in replacement parts. I’d really like to see it going.

If anyone has any solutions, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

I am not aware of any way to factory default a 4005 without being able to log into the panel.

Watch for a PM.

Actually, that would be 1,301 codes, since you are including 0000.

I got the code, with the help of Retired STR-SG. Thank you, everyone!

Have a Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Hi guys i have the same problem with a simplex 4008 someone can help me ?

Hi fabyo, welcome to TFP forums.

Please introduce yourself here>>

Yoypu can’t do a factory reset on a 4005 only a simplex 4010

The OP’s problem has already been solved.

1 Like

I have a simplex 4010 panel that I would like to factory default. I can get into level 3, but I don’t have access to level 4. There is a password written on the panel but it does not work. What are the steps to reset this guy? I would like to put it in my house some day, but I can’t even learn how it set it up because it has an old config on it. Thanks in advance

Can u give me steps for 4010 factory reset

You can find those steps in the 4010 manual online.

I know this is an old and dead thread but im having the same issue as the OP, i have a customer that i have been inspecting their alarm for 4 years now without walktest as the last company moved walktest to level 4 and then changed the password before my company took over service. Its a simplex 4005 and i have tried every 4 digit number thats is written inside the lanel and have gotten nowhere. Any help would be appreciated

I’m sorry about that; that sucks. The CPU I eventually got the passcode for partially failed, and now I have yet another new CPU in my 4005 that also has a changed level 4 code. I tried the trick I was given to try to guess the code for the first CPU and it’s not working on this one. So, back to tediously entering all the possibilities starting at 0000. There is truly no back door into these panels and it’s frustrating.

I would say your best bet is to try to get a hold of the previous company and get the code from them. Besides that, I don’t know of another way. I saw somewhere that you might be able to send the panel into the nearest Simplex location and have them reset it, but I know that’s not a good option in this case.

Hey ! I work for Summit Fire Protection and we are having the same issue with the same panel… HOW DO I FIND THIS CODE?!

Well if you can extract the configuration someone with programming license will be able to give you the code
11642583.pdf (1.6 MB)