Notifier afp-100

I have a notifier afp-100 panel that got wet and no longer works. The site has a lot of devices that they would like to avoid replacing. Is there any other non notifer panel that would work? Or an easily non software need notifier panel that I could use? Any help would be much appreciated.

I moved this topic to the Fire Alarm Help forum. I’m going to send a message to one of our administrators who is exceptionally knowledgeable in regards to Notifier systems, hopefully he can point you in the right direction.

In the meantime, I can tell you that from what I’ve read, the AFP-100 is the exact same thing as the Fire-Lite MS-9200. What that means is, you could use the newer MS-9200UDLS panel and still be able to use your devices on it. Notifier also sells the FireWarden 50 and FireWarden 100, which are basically rebadged Fire-Lite MS-9050 and MS-9200 panels.
How many devices are on the SLC on the AFP-100?

You’re wrong actually.

The AFP-100 actually only talks to Notifier CLIP and FlashScan devices, it will NOT talk to Fire-Lite devices. The smallest panel it can be replaced with is the NFS-320.

The AFP-100 was developed by Notifier to be a “Lite” version of the AFP-200, lacking the networking and advanced programming capabilities of the latter. It only talks to “X” and “FS” series Notifier devices and cannot talk to ANY Fire-Lite devices.

Fire-Lite rebranded the AFP-100 as the MS-9200, and it actually runs a slightly different firmware that lets it talk to Fire-Lite devices only.

If you can get ahold of a new old stock AFP-100, AFP-200, or NFS-320, you can use these as a drop-in replacement. All three of those panels do not require front panel programming. Just keep in mind that since you are implying you’re not a Notifier distributor, technically this violates codes and would void the warranty on the panel. I’d suggest just calling in a Notifier distributor than taking the risk of getting in legal trouble.

There are no non-Notifier panels you can use which are compatible with Notifier devices without violating several codes, including UL.

Dangit, I hate being wrong. I apologize for the misinformation… :oops:
I didn’t know that the 9200 was a rebadged AFP-100, I thought it was the other way around.