Coding a Fire Lite 5024

I’ve read the manual and everything, but I can’t figure out how to code my panel.

I am not experienced on Fire Lite, however I checked the manual and found this information:

FIRE-LITE ALARMS
Fire Control Communicator
MS-5024/MS-5024E

Document #50066 Rev. D2 12/03/02 P/N 50066:D2

Page 43
Coding Notification Appliance Circuit #1 (72)
Coding of Notification Appliance Circuit #1 can be programmed by selecting ‘1’ for March Time (120 ppm), ‘2’ for California (10 seconds On, 5 seconds Off) or ‘3’ for Temporal (½ second On, ½ second Off, ½ second On, ½ second Off, ½ second On, 1½ second Off). The factory default setting is ‘0’ for steady (no coding).

Page 44
Coding Notification Appliance Circuit #2 (76)
Coding of Notification Appliance Circuit #2 can be programmed by selecting ‘1’ for March Time (120 ppm), ‘2’ for California (10 seconds On, 5 seconds Off) or ‘3’ for Temporal (½ second On, ½ second Off, ½ second On, ½ second Off, ½ second On, 1½ second Off). The factory default setting is ‘0’ for steady (no coding).

Did you not find this in your copy of the manual? Or did you program these memory locations and the panel not do as programmed?

I did find it, but when I type in the programming code, then typing 72 for the NAC address, then 1 for March Time, it doesn’t work.

I am just guessing here, but the 5024 uses a 3 digit address. I wonder if you need to enter the leading 0, like 072. The manual is quite scant on details.

Try this.
Enter programming mode.
<1st Event> <1st Event> then 072
Then 1 and
Then to return to address 72.
Does it show 72_1 ?
It it does.
Then 6676 to exit programming and return to normal.
Test.

Now NAC 1 won’t sound. Please help. Is there any way to do a factory reset? I looked on the manual but it said nothing.

According to the Rev G manual these are the instructions to return to factory default settings. This is not in the Rev D manual.

3.4 Default Programming
To return all program entries to their factory original settings, perform the following steps only when the system is
idle in Normal standby condition:

Press the MODE key followed by the four digit code 3337 and press the [ENTER/STORE] key.

☛ 3337 spells DEFP (DEFault Programming) on a Touch-Tone® phone

If an incorrect key is pressed, reenter the proper 4-digit code before pressing the [ENTER/STORE] key.

Within five seconds, repeat this entry by again pressing the MODE key followed by the 4-digit code 3337 and pressing
the [ENTER/STORE] key. The display will read 3337 while the E2 nonvolatile memory (storage area for all
programming options) is being reprogrammed with the original default settings. When reprogramming is complete,
the display will be blank.

Thanks for helping. I was able to program it. Can an admin please lock this topic? I wouldn’t delete so in case anybody else has the problem they can refer to this. Thanks! :slight_smile:

We can leave it open in case anyone else has any subsequent questions on the same topic.