5700 "WRONG TYPE" Trouble

I am REALLY pissed off because of this. So, my 5700 will not respond to CLIP devices because it was never meant to be compatible, BUT the one and only Flashscan/Velociti/LiteSpeed/SK/IDP/(insert common name here) device I own is a FireLite SD350 Photoelectric detector. So of course i tried hooking it up to my panel, it polls at least 3 times… but then… THIS HAPPENS
OH YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDING ME IT WONT LET ME UPLOAD THE IMAGE!!!
This situation is quickly getting worse. Basically, after a minute or so it will come up with a trouble saying “WRONG TYPE”, and when I go to check the status, the obscuration % is blank, and the obscuration is fixed at 48. Of course, the manual has nothing remotely helpful, and I wold show you how the device is configured, but I cant post images. If this is lockout, is it violating code? The detector polls, and the panel sees it as a proper device, but it is far from saving any lives. Anyways, I doubt anyone is going to help me fix this, because it often seems like I’m the only one with problems without solutions.

And in case if you were wondering how I feel right now: https://youtu.be/ZF3250fbYBQ?t=21s

If you were trying to post an image here, then you should look at this article: <URL url="https://forums.thefirepanel.com/t/correctly-posting-images-to-tfp-attachments-workaround/2255/1]

Also, just a suggestion: it’s never a good idea to express your anger (or any other extreme feeling such as overexcitement) by typing in all caps and excessive amounts of punctuation marks. Don’t get me wrong, I get just as angry myself at times, but I usually don’t show it here.

I don’t feel like going through all the trouble to upload the image, so I will give some info:
The detector is a FireLite SD350 PhotoElectric detector, the earlier version of the current ones with a smaller chamber. Because I cant post the image of it, I will type what is displayed on the config screen:
M33 S001 DETECTOR
PHOTO LA SI Z001
NO ACCESSORY
〈SENSOR/MODULE⟩

The detector is address 001.

I have the IFP-50 which is the farenhyt counter part so maybe I can give you some insight. Unless you have a 5700 with the very latest software upgrades which allow you to switch between the Hockiki (SD) and System Sensor (SK) protocols, you can’t use this detector. Also, Fire Lite was never meant to be used on a Silent Knight addressable panel. I’ve tried wiring a SK monitor module to my panel programmed for SD protocol once and I had similar issues. Your best bet is to buy an SD detector instead of hoping that another brand will work on the panel. Hope this helps

My panel is compatible with SK Because it is past version 10, gives me the option to change between the two, and My SK monitor works perfectly on it. My 5820XL can only use Hochiki, and i’d still stick with system sensor on my 5700 even if it meant only using silent knight devices.