Fire-Lite? Triangular Light, Info wanted.

I recently got my hands on one of those large triangular-shaped lights, probably made by Fire-Lite. It was paired with a 120VAC Federal 350 horn and had and empty light socket inside. Came in bad shape due to it being on the outside of a structure. Planning on restoring the device and would like to get more information about it. I will have A video posted on my channel soon if anyone needs or would like to see the inner workings. Thanks.

Hi TheBlueCFL!
A few people on here actually have/had these, too!
These are quite old, and VERY rare.
Here’s a video about these, courtesy of NewAgeServer (Skip to 1:40 to see it in action):

[quote] Here's a video about these, courtesy of NewAgeServer (Skip to 1:40 to see it in action) [/quote]

Thanks for the help. I watched that video a while back. His is a 12VDC model with a tun signal flasher to pulse the unit (made when you can get away with doing that). I was wondering if there is any documentation for these. I also have no clue what the wattage of the bulb should be, I am making an educated guess it is either 25 or 40. Any more help would be great.

[quote] I will have A video posted on my channel soon if anyone needs or would like to see the inner workings. [/quote]

I like to keep my promises, so here it is.

What I’d do is see if I could take the horn assembly out of the housing and spray paint the housing with a similar shade of red to the original color of the horn. Then do the same with the light housing (minus the lenses of course) and do two or three coats of spray paint, finishing with some sort of clear coat to keep it smooth and shiny.

You’d want to give each of the metal parts a thorough cleaning, of course. If you can disassemble the horn try to wash out the housing of both units before scrubbing them with scotchbrite to clean up the painting surface a bit.

Nice find!

[quote] What I'd do is see if I could take the horn assembly out of the housing and spray paint the housing with a similar shade of red to the original color of the horn. Then do the same with the light housing (minus the lenses of course) and do two or three coats of spray paint, finishing with some sort of clear coat to keep it smooth and shiny.

You’d want to give each of the metal parts a thorough cleaning, of course. If you can disassemble the horn try to wash out the housing of both units before scrubbing them with scotchbrite to clean up the painting surface a bit.
[/quote]

That is what I was thinking of doing. I am working on a template for new lenses. Scanned the better one onto my computer and will use photo editing software to make the image cleaner. I’ll use that to make new ones. Just need to figure out bulb wattage.