Pyrotronics Pulls wiring question

On an MS-501, which terminals are positive and negative? Also, do I hook wires onto these types of terminals are stick them inside? They are the kind where each terminal has two screws, one on top and one on bottom.

Also I do not know how to wire the MFS-4 series station as it appears to have a black resistor soldered on it; one sided the resistor is soldered to the same terminal as one of the switch wires, and other end is connected to a terminal with only the resistor on it? How can I use this as a conventional pull on my 4004 system?

Any help on both of these would be appreciated as I’m not sure as to on the -501 hook wires or stick them under and not sure how to wire the MFS-4 in general.

Thanks!

Here are images of the pulls and their terminal blocks: I have redacted the URL’s because Photobucket is giving me all these fake scam pages and stuff, so I have decided to attach images only. Not sure if their website is compromised but it gives me some fake ‘Amazon’ rewards center and some fake Google Virus Warning.

MS-501 Terminal Block

MFS-4 Terminal Block

MFS-4 black resistor and where it is soldered/not soldered to the main switch.

Okay for the MS 5, the right and the left are the positive and negative. Each side has two screws so you can wire two wires from the pull to another pull or iniciating devices. I have one of these and the wiring is pretty easy. As for the MS-4, locate the two terminals in which you see the switch is attached to. Put the wires there. The ristor is literally not important. It is placed there for higher voltage applications. For low voltage systems, it serves no purpose.

Okay, so left is positive and right is negative. I’m assuming positive is IN and negative is OUT, right???

Polarity does not matter on pull stations. As long as the switch is wired to short the IDC, it will operate properly.

Yes, you’re correct. Looking forward to your first system test with those pull stations! :smiley:
Also, regarding the Photobucket nonsense, I experienced the same nastiness.

But what if I hooked up a wire on one terminal of the MFS 4 as positive and a different terminal on the MS 501 as such. Will it fry the panel or zone?

Sorry for so many questions that might seem stupid, but I’d rather not do something stupid and regret it later.

Nope. That won’t break it. These type of circuited are designed to short out.

Consider the diagram below. Regardless of how the pull stations are connected, as long as each station has each side of the IDC circuit separated, the circuit will operate properly.

Ok. That’s good to hear. Thanks for the clarification!