7002T mounting screws

Hey everyone,
So I was mounting my 7002T today when I encountered a problem (I have an SFP-R behind it too). I have my backbox set up in the top screw on the left, bottom on the right configuration and noticed that the top screw took litttle effort to screw in, while the bottom screw took quite a bit of weight applied to even let it move anywhere. It would hardly budge and also left the 7002T where it wasn’t flush with the box, so I tried again. Same result. I’m thinking it’s the screws, and I don’t want to risk damaging my 7002T (my other one is on its way out so I bought this one as a replacement for it) because I don’t know when I’ll be able to get another one if this ones damaged. This came NOS, but to my dismay the seller neglected to include the original mounting screws. I thought that wasn’t a problem and decided to use some of my own when I encountered this issue.

So what I’d like to know is what size of screw (diameter and length) are the original mounting screws? I may be going to the hardware store tomorrow, and was wondering what would be the best possible size to use to avoid this issue.

If anyone could give any insight as to what the issue is, that would help as well.

Your mounting screw will depend on the junction box you are mounting the device you are using, not necessarily the device itself.

Standard 4 inch boxes are tapped for 8/32 screws. I’m assuming this is what you are using behind the flush plate.

You will need about 2 inches to compensate for the depth of the 7002T body. You could get away with a shorter screw, but the extra length will make lining it up with the mounting hole much easier.

Keep in mind, you likely have already altered the threading on the conduit box while trying to insert the previous screws. Don’t worry if the 8/32 screws don’t turn easily right away - they will tap their own threading after a few rotations.

Thanks for the help! I will make sure I am using the correct type.