Simplex 4007ES Shutdown Menu Option?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any of the Techs out there know of a menu option to properly shutdown a Simplex 4007ES. I see a few options for Hardware Reset, etc. in the menus, which is what brought this to mind.

I usually just cut the AC power to my older panels, but with the more advanced software in this unit, I’m hesitant to pull the plug while the system is running if a better shutdown option exists. I’m doubtful that there is one, but I though I should ask.

Thanks!

I am not aware of any Simplex panel having a shutdown menu. There are established procedures for powering up and powering down a panel.

On power up, connect NEGATIVE battery first. Then apply AC power from the breaker. When the power supply is stabilized connect the POSITIVE battery. Reverse this procedure for power down. The negative battery must always be the first item to be connected and the last item disconnected.

This is particularly important on 4100U/ES with digital audio. Improper power procedure can damage the audio controller and/or transponder riser boards. Also on 4100U/ES do not use the plugs on the PDM to connect or disconnect power to the system. SB07027

No, there is no shutdown via menu etc. Pull the batteries, kill the AC.

Tech support says:
[code]
Problem Environment:
[NOT] 4010
[NOT] 4005
[NOT] 4006
[NOT] 4008
[NOT] 4100U
4100 Classic
4100+
Audio
4100U audio
Digital audio

Use the following sequence when applying power to the panel:
1.) Connect the battery negative terminal (and assure battery harnesses negative connected throughout the panel)
2.) Apply AC power at the breaker
3.) Connect the battery positive terminal

Use the following sequence when removing power from the panel:
1.) Disconnect the battery positive terminal
2.) Remove AC power at the breaker
3.) Disconnect the battery negative terminal (Optional)[/code]

Now…I’ve heard this talked about over the years but I can honestly say in 25 years I’ve never once done this. When powering down I simply pull the batteries then kill the AC… Opposite on power up. Always AC first, then batteries. Never once had an issue (not saying that it can’t happen though!)