Wheelock NS help.

So I reacieved a wheelock NS I. The mail today, but the strobe does not work. The horn does though. It is on 24 VDC and the fixed 15 cd version. Any way I can fix this?

Does the flashtube appear be shattered? Because if so, the xenon gas isn’t present to power the strobe. Also it’s probably not good for your health.

If not, I would check the circuit board to see if something appears to be broken and/or missing. But don’t touch the flashtube as the oils from one’s skin are enough to react to the xenon and render the strobe inoperable if you were to get it fixed.

Yep I checked both and no visible problems.

Hmmm…well are you sure it’s not a twelve bolt version instead? If not, I’m not real sure what to say.

It’s possible you’re applying incorrect voltage OR using a power supply that doesn’t provide sufficient current for the strobe to charge up and flash. If you could specify exactly the model number and exactly how you’re powering it (or upload an image/video) that would be helpful.
It’s also possible that the wire connecting the strobe circuit to the terminal block is corroded/broken and needs to be re-soldered.

It’s a two wire alarm. The power supply is a Fire Lite FCPS-24F. It works with every other alarm I have tested…
You can also hear the strobe capacitor and a faint “click” sound as if the strobe was to flash.

If you’re hearing the faint “click” at regular intervals then it’s likely the strobe capacitor discharging. If the click occurs randomly then you can be certain something is faulty. If it’s clicking in a regular pattern then the connection is probably good but either the xenon gas has leaked out so there’s nothing to react, or there’s a fault in the “trigger” circuit that’s preventing the xenon gas from ionizing properly (and thus it will not flash).
Either of those problems would require bringing out rubber gloves and a multimeter and disassembling the device, troubleshooting at the circuit level to find out the real problem (and these strobes aren’t really serviceable. Protocol for when one fails an inspection is to just replace it with a new unit).

One other thing you might want to check, is the Fire-Lite power supply outputting a sync pattern like System Sensor or Gentex or even Wheelock? This can cause the strobe’s timing circuit to become confused and not flash the strobe properly or at all. Has happened to me before.

If you purchased this from eBay in working condition, your best bet is to just to return it. It should have arrived in the condition you bought it in.