Simplex 4100 Broadcast Failure

We do inspections for our local school systems. They have one high school that has a 4100 that got new cooling towers put in and while they were cutting the roof, they cut into a fire conduit that had 14 wires in it. According to the boxes on either side of the cut, the conduit only had 3 zones in it, the rest being NAC and door holders. A couple weeks later we show up for our inspection and after testing a couple devices the panel shows CARD 11, SIGNAL CARD BROADCAST FAILURE ABNORMAL. This card is a 565-452 and located in the area where they cut the conduit but unknown if it was connected to it. All the notification devices work properly. Is this an easy fix?

I’m no Simplex expert but I’m sure someone with experience will be helping you out shortly.
Here’s my $0.02:
If you say everything seems to be working correctly, but this trouble occurs, then it is possible some wire was reconnected improperly when they repaired the bundle of cables that were severed. Best case scenario is 2 conductors of the same type got switched up, worst case scenario is a conductor running to that signal broadcast card got spliced to something like door holder power (accidentally) and it back-fed voltage into the card and ruined it. That conductor may or may not still be hooked up improperly, so that bundle repair job is the first thing I would check.

My resources tell me:

Error: Signal card XX Broadcast fail abn
BROADCAST FAILURE ABN

Error generated if master controller tells signal card to set up coding but does not receive acknowledgement back that the card got the “GO” command to sync the code.

Sounds like they may have damaged the signal card.