Simplex 2099 wiggles around a bit: Is this normal?

So my Simplex 2099 conventional stations (models 2099-9103 and 2099-9754) (both manufactured in 2016) wiggle around a bit from side to side when they are mounted (on the bottom near the logo where the metal inside reaches the plastic housing. I assume this is due to the assembly of the stations being inside rather than outside like on the 4251 series, and I’m guessing they all do that to some extent, but is that normal? Or is something broken? Because I can’t find any cracks or evidence that they are broken and they work perfectly, so I’m assuming this is due to the design but just wanted to double check. It also moves up and down just a tad but more side to side.

My thoughts are that they all do that and it’s just the way that they’re designed, however, I haven’t owned one of these newer style stations prior to this so I just wanted some clarification.

By the way I did solve the wiring issue; it was an error on my part.

Thanks again! :smiley:

You’re talking about the front face of the station that is on hinges and swings down when you unlock it right?
If so, a little play at that joint is normal. Both my 2099 and my 4251 have some wiggle room at that hinge.

Yes. And thanks for the clarification!