Multi tone TrueAlert help

I recently purchased a TrueAlert Horn/Strobe that apparently is multi toned and free run/smart sync selectable. the id no. is 49CMTV-WWF. I cant find any documentation that explains what the dip switches do. Anyone know what each of these DIP switches do?

That is a TrueAlertES. Unfortunately these are all-addressable notification appliances which require the special TrueAlertES TPS on a 4100U or any ES series addressable panel to operate. They will not run or work at all conventionally. If you can I would recommend you return the item, and if not you might as well just keep it as a display piece, because unfortunately it can’t be used unless you have one of the ES series addressable panels which are extremely proprietary not to mention extremely expensive.

Not trying to say your wrong, but the little documentation that i found on it is directly contrary to what you are saying. the cover plate also does not say “TrueAlertES” it says “TrueAlert”

https://www.tycosimplexgrinnell.com/wps/wcm/connect/5087fc30-3544-44d8-a505-ee6eb33ce00c/49CMTV-WRF%2C+49CMTV-WWF%2C+49CMTV-APPLW.PDF?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=5087fc30-3544-44d8-a505-ee6eb33ce00c

It is not a TrueAlert ES, a quick Google shows:

“TrueAlert Notification Appliances
Audible/Visible Notification Appliances; Multi-Tone Horn/Strobe with 520 Hz Output, Non-Addressable
https://www.tycosimplexgrinnell.com/wps/wcm/connect/5087fc30-3544-44d8-a505-ee6eb33ce00c/49CMTV-WRF%2C+49CMTV-WWF%2C+49CMTV-APPLW.PDF?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=5087fc30-3544-44d8-a505-ee6eb33ce00c

Though I’ve never seen a TrueAlert with this kind of model number, but it is listed in here as “Multi-Tone multi-candela horn/strobe for
SmartSync or Free-run control; includes cover and matching mounting plate”

If you could send some more pictures of the whole device I might be able to find the diagrams, or someone else could I’m sure.
Posting a picture of the sticker would be helpful.

Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2Fpyv24TRyVbFdzZE9fWDdBeGc

I’m not sure what it is, because as I was aware they were never made conventionally, but I stand corrected…

This is certainly odd, as what I had been made aware of is the ES series all had low frequency.

Documentation reveals it is SmartSync only and only a SmartSync module or panel input will recognize the tones. Basically your power sources are a 4100U, any ES series panel, 4009 IDNet NAC Extender or a 4905-9938 SmartSync cube…

Another thing I am seeing is only one tone is suited for non SmartSync operation which is the Norm/Convl. All the others require SmartSync to operate.

As there has been a lot of misinformation in this post, I am going to ask that no further claims are made without specific references to the product manual or personal field experience.

According to the manual linked below, the 520Hz Horn, Broadband Horn, Bell, and Chime tones are "compatible with control panel SmartSync commands for operation as Temporal Code 3, March Time (selected at appliance for 20 or 60 bpm), or Continuous operation. The Slow Whoop, Siren and High/Low tones “operate as Continuous with synchronization with control panel SmartSync commands.”

I see no indication here that SmartSync is required for all tones. Rather, the manual implies that the initial four tones may be coded through the SmartSync protocol, while the latter three tones must operate in continuous coding, but will be kept in sync by SmartSync (if used).

Most importantly of all, the data sheet states: “Operation is selectable for SmartSync two-wire controlor asynchronous, free-run operation.”

While I do not have information to prove the exact function of each DIP switch selection, I see no reason to believe the OP will be unable to use this device.

Thank you for all the replies! i have confirmed that its is selectable free run and non-addressable, but im still looking for any documentation as far as how the dip switches function. i have gotten some tones to work but some tones i cant get working. if any one has manuals or documentation regarding the function of the DIP switches, I would appreciate if you sent that to me. Thanks!