Will a 9200UDLS fit in an MS-4 cabinet?

So, I currently have a spare FireLite MS-4 cabinet laying around. (I may have accidentally blown up NAC 2 on the panel when I first started with alarms. Thank goodness I got it for free). So, that being said I have all the standoffs, battery wires, and the transformer in the MS-4’s cabinet. If I were to purchase a 9200UDLS (board only) would it be able to fit in that cabinet? And if so, could I hook up my existing transformer to it and have it work just fine?

I’m trying to get my hands on SOME kind of addressable panel so I can learn how to program it, but I need to keep it low cost. Thanks!

I have not worked on any Firelite panels, maybe someone else knows more. However, from the box dimensions in the drawings in the installation section of the manuals, putting an MS-9200 board in a MS-4 box looks like a no go.

In round numbers the MS-9200 box is 2 inches wider, 4 inches taller, and 2 inches deeper than the MS-4 box. The MS-9200 board does not mount to the box with standoffs. The MS-9200 has a separate removable chassis on which the board and transformer(s) mount.

Thanks! Guess I’ll be keeping my eye out for a low cost 9200 or maybe even just a 9050. Just want something addressable I can program and learn to use!

I’d say it’s a no, the MS-4 cabinet is really tiny compared to most other panels including the 9200. The 9200, 9600, and MS-5 and 10 all are stacked on top of the power supply with a metal cage unlike the MS-4. There is no way you could close the door with that thing in such a tiny can. It may fit in the can for a MS-5 or 10, but those don’t have the plexiglass window that the addressable panels do.

Even if you can’t find the proper can, I still recommend getting a 9200 or 9600 as something to play with. Be aware that the power supply is separate from the main board, so if you buy just the main board, you will also need the FLPS-7 power supply. These panels are super flexible and anyone can program them from the LCD display or a computer. They are a great way to get started with addressable fire alarms.

Thanks! I actually just purchased a 9200UDLS Rev. 2, and a brand new cabinet off of eBay! Found a seller who was selling a board that had a loose terminal that needs to be repaired. Not a terribly hard job at all I don’t think! The cabinet he had separately, brand new. Got 'em both! I will report back, but I will also say that you can expect to see it in more of a whole home (or at least whole basement) system test series I’m starting once I get the system put together. It all depends on what my parents actually allow me to do, and when I have time to do it outside of college! :wink: