7002T-24 Stopped Working.

I recently got a 7002T (Don’t worry i didnt pay for it) That was working perfectly fine. This morning i applied power to it and NADA. No horn, no strobe. If i press on the contacts very firmly it makes a high pitched whine and the strobe flashes 4 times a second. But when i release, it doesnt do anything. Any ideas on how to fix this? thanks!

The contacts are out of alignment, I had this issue in the past. The contacts are not touching, which means nothing happens due to the lack of current flow. When you push on the contacts, it give of that whine because either it doesn’t have room to vibrate or the connection isn’t good. This also makes the oscillation is much faster than normal, which explains the rapid flash rate. A drop or slap to the horn could do this.

Repair takes some time, the electrical contacts need to be bent back into position. I used my multimeter to check continuity every time I bend the contacts. The horn is very picky about the positioning of said contacts. At this point, it shouldn’t be used for life safety purposes. With the meter mentioned above, most of this could be done without applying power. Don’t try tuning it when the power is applied. Hope this helps.