Simplex 4010 AUX Relay

Hello! Can somebody please explain to me how to program the auxiliary relay on the simplex 4010 panel? I have a system sensor carbon monoxide detector I would like to hook up to my panel so when the co detector goes off there will be a system supervisory monitor. Any advice or help would be great! Thanks a lot!

Do you want the relay to activate on any supervisory monitor point you may add or just that one CO detector?

Just the one co detector

That will have to be done in Custom Control. I am at a meeting today but will have some free time later to expand on how to do it.

That would be great! Thank you!

I am out of town and need to check some things on my panel. I have to verify some front panel custom control commands and actions. However, you can be getting things ready.

I assume you will be monitoring your CO detector with an IAM or ZAM. You can program that in. Again I assume you will make the point type SUPV so it lights the supervisory LED on the panel.

You can select which relay you will use and change it’s point type to SUPV or RSUPV. It will turn on for any supervisory. On default AUX1 is an alarm relay and AUX2 is a trouble relay.

I will be home tomorrow early afternoon and will post again with the instructions to program the relay to operate only on that CO detector.

Excellent, thank you! :smiley:

OK, here we go. I will walk you through this first one step by step.

After you go through this process the first time you will begin to know your way around 4010 Custom Control. You will also begin to see how flexible a 4010 is.

If you enter something incorrect the CC editor will show an error message in the display.

{ } indicates a key to press
points to a menu item in the display

indicates the display shows some number that I cannot predict. It depends on what is programmed in your panel.

Only generic point types RELAY or SIGNAL can be used in 4010 CC output statements. Point types that have an automatic operation defined in default programming are locked out of CC output statements.

Points in 4010 CC are selected by their hardware address which is CARD-POINT.
The relays on the SFIO board are:
AUX1 = 01-05
AUX2 = 01-06

The IDNet is card 3 so they look like this:
First point = 03-01
Second point = 03-02
and the point numbering continues like that.

After logging in go to Programming to change the point type on the relay you are using to RELAY so it can be used in a CC equation.

Then back out and scroll to Programming then Custom Control.
{ENTER}
Your panel was defaulted so there are no CC equations.
Display shows:
** End Of Program
[Edit] Insert Delete
{RIGHT>} to [Insert]
{ENTER}
Display shows:
*1: End Of Input
{RIGHT>} to [Insert]
{ENTER}
{RIGHT>} {RIGHT>} to skip the first two positions.
Display Shows:
[FIRE DET]
Then {NEXT} to [SUPV]
{ENTER}
Select your point with {NEXT} or {PREVIOUS} [03-0#]
{ENTER}
[Save Statement]
{ENTER}
Display shows:
*1: End Of Input
{NEXT} so display shows:
*1: End Of Output
Edit [Insert] Delete Save Equation
{ENTER}
Display shows:
[SET ON]
{NEXT} until display shows:
[TRACK ON]
{ENTER}
Display shows some point:
[##-##]
If necessary, scroll with {NEXT} or {PREVIOUS} to the relay point you are using.
[01-0#]
{ENTER}
Display shows:
[Pri 9,9]
{ENTER} to accept default priority
Then scroll to [Save Statement]
{ENTER}
{RIGHT>} to [Save Equation]
Then {CLEAR/EXIT} until you see the selection to
[Save CFIG]
{ENTER}
Panel will go through the restart procedure and your relay should work.

I’m a little stuck! Can you please explain to me how to change the point type on the relay so that it can be used in a CC equation? Thanks!

Login to Level 4
{MENU}
{NEXT} until [Programming] shows
{ENTER}
Ack trouble as needed
Screen shows [Configure Points]
{ENTER}
{NEXT} until screen shows [Relay]
{ENTER}
Select the relay you plan to use with {NEXT}
{ENTER}
{NEXT} until screen shows [Edit Point Type]
{ENTER}
{NEXT} until screen shows [RELAY: Auxiliary Relay]
{ENTER}
{ENTER} again to confirm
{EXIT} until screen shows
[Continue] Restore CFIG Save CFIG
{RIGHT>} to [Save CFIG]
{ENTER}
{ENTER} to confirm
Panel will restart

Then on to next task.
You don’t have to save after each change but sometimes that is easiest in your first programming experiences.

I still don’t know where I’m going wrong? I tried what you said but that did not work out. Is there a certain reason why I can’t program the edit modes on the relay under programming mode? The address/point on mine is “18 --”, and I don’t think I can change that address/point numbers. I really appreciate all the help you’ve done so far and getting really in-depth! Maybe just a little bit more help would be great! :smiley: Thanks so much!

Card 18 is digital pseudo points, which are points that are in the system’s memory only. They are not physical points.

The “Edit Mode” command is for setting up annunciator cards.

Custom Control will default to start at card 18 if no hardware points are available for CC equations. Be sure you change the relay POINT TYPE before attempting writing Custom Control.

{MENU}
{NEXT} until [Programming] shows
{ENTER}
Screen shows [Configure Points]
{ENTER}
{NEXT} until screen shows [Relay]
{ENTER}
Select the relay you plan to use with {NEXT}
(There are only 2 relays to select from. AUX1 or AUX2.)
(AUX1 by default is an alarm relay RRELAY. AUX2 by default is a trouble relay TRELAY.)
{ENTER}
{NEXT} until screen shows [Edit Point Type]
{ENTER}
{NEXT} until screen shows [RELAY: Auxiliary Relay]

Be sure to change the relay point type first. If the relay Point Type change is successful, when writing the CC output statement the system will jump to the relay point first.

Is there another way to try this? I followed your detailed instructions and it still doesn’t work? I can send you a picture of the LCD and what it says if you’d like. I hate to keep bothering you but I’m just really hoping to get this supervisory working. If there’s anything else you can do to help me that would be just excellent! And thanks for all the help you’ve done so far!

I’ll send a PM in a few minutes.