Sounder smokes: 12v standby, 24v reverse polarity in alarm?

Refer to this document: System Sensor | Honeywell Building Technologies

I bought some System Sensor i3 2WTA-Bs and an RRS-MOD. The IDC is 12vdc power limited, but AUX power and “bell output” are 24v. Can I safely switch from 12v in standby to 24v in alarm?
insert brainstorm
I’m not sure how the circuitry of the i3 sounder works. I’m assuming that going in normal polarity, the circuit looks just like a normal detector but with a diode in front, and in reverse polarity, the sounder has a diode in the opposite direction. If this is the case, then the sounder and detector should be isolated. But isn’t the detector supposed to latch in alarm? How would a 2-wire detector do that? If it still latches, then the detector part of the circuit shouldn’t have a diode on the front, and instead the only diode would be in front of the sounder to prevent it from sounding in standby. But the sounder will sound if the detector activates even without reverse polarity, in a single-station-like fashion, if it’s the one in alarm, correct? This is very complicated.

TL;DR I don’t think the sounder and detector are electrically isolated, and I’m not sure if I can switch from 12v without warning to 24v reverse polarity without frying the detector or rrs-mod. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I am able to see if this actually works. I am guessing it will, but I can’t confirm until I know for sure. I don’t have an RRS-MOD, but it is basically a DPDT relay and I have plenty of those.