Assign NACs to a fire drill on MS-9200UD

I got my MS-9200UD the other day and I was curious if there was a way to specify what NACs go off when a fire drill is activated? When I drill the panel, all the NACs go off. I only want NACs 1 and 3 to go off, the rest are for an “alert” alarm. I already tried googling and got nothing on google or in the manual. I also set the NACs to only respond to zone 96 which is not in use, but they still go off. Is there any way to disable that?

I’m assuming it’s the newer version (MS-9200UDLS). First question, NACs 2 and 4, that you want only for “alert” alarm, are they mapped to zones configured as “alert/supervisory/trouble” or are the zones configured as general alarm? If so, the FACP will still activate them for the drill mode. The Honeywell panels are a little annoying when it comes to that drill key because they handle drill differently than alarm. It’s a non-latching unique trouble condition that simply sounds local trouble and activates the NACs in a universal way. For example, my Silent Knight panel has great versatile options for coding NACs (to use with horns on continuous), but when you run a “Fire Drill,” the options are a sync protocol, continuous, or ANSI 3.1, and it applies to all the NACs configured to sound with alarm. It may not be possible to exclude NACs 2 and 4 from the MS-9200’s “drill” feature unless they are configured to only sound under “non-alarm” events.

I don’t have a UDLS, just a UD v3.4. The zone config makes sense, I’ll try that.

It seems like it may not be possible. From the manual:

[quote] When the Drill key is held for a minimum of two seconds (time required to prevent accidental activations), the FACP turns on both main panel NAC outputs and all silenceable circuits such as control modules that are programmed as silenceable, and turns off the Alarm Silenced LED if it was previously on. The EVAC IN SYSTEM message is shown on the LCD display. The same message is sent to the printer and history file. The Alarm Silence key can be used to turn off all silenceable NAC outputs following activation by the Drill key. [/quote]

It doesn’t seem to correspond to zones either. And it explains why it wouldn’t release door holders, since those should not be programmed as silenceable.

The zone setup on these panels is pretty crude and has some real issues. For instance, you need to be careful when programming supervisory devices because it will automatically assign them to zone 0 which is the same as general alarm. Oddly, when that zone 0 supervisory device triggers, zone 0 addressable output devices will activate, but not zone 0 NACs. I don’t know if it just applies to zone 0, but this is a problem not just because you don’t want someone closing a tamper valve to sound horn strobes, but also in the rare case where you would want a supervisory to trigger a NAC, eg. it controls a strobe in a sleeping room.

Sorry for bumping an old topic but I haven’t messed with this for a while because I’ve been working on other higher priority stuff right now.

The NACs are assigned to zone 96 which is assigned to “Blank” but the NAC still goes off. Zone 96 is not one of the special zones (99, 98, 97) and is not hooked up to any initiating device. Is there anything else I can do?

You could get a couple of addressable control modules, connect your “alert” signals to them, and power the control modules off of the 24V constant power terminals, then program the control modules to activate when the “alert” condition occurs. The panel shouldn’t turn them on for “Drill.” Seems like the Fire-Lite addressable panel software is a little more limited when it comes to things like mapping and custom evacuation, and the onboard NACs all activate at once for Drill.