4005 Dact

How or is there a way to change the phone number that the Dact is dialing out to, we have changed Central Stations and have a lot of Simplex panels, we really would like to just change the numbers instead of paying a lot of $$$ to have simplex do this

DIY work on fire alarm systems actively protecting life and property is discouraged. Many states and municipalities have licensing laws with requirements that fire alarm service companies have to meet. That is an assurance that the company has the knowledge to properly service the system. Using the services of a company that is licensed and bonded protects you. DIY modification to a fire alarm system would be a violation of these licensing laws that could open you to prosecution.

Another issue DIY fire alarm work on active systems brings is with your fire insurance carrier. If something happens to cause a claim to be made and the DIY work is discovered they could deny the claim. That could pass the liability for loss of life and property damage to your organization and you personally.

If your municipality requires fire alarm systems to be UL certified changing the central station is required to be thoroughly documented. That could also change the certificate issuer.

My advice after many years in the industry is to have the authorized company do the needed work. I have the knowledge and ability to work on fire alarm systems, however I would never touch one. It would be a violation of our state law and open me to $$$$$$$ of liability. Members of this forum will share information with hobbyists but advise them not to permanently install a system even in their own house because of possible legal violations and insurance issues.

Retired STR-SG, I am a licensed Fire/Burg Alarm Technician, The company i work for services different Fire alarms, however we are unfamiliar with programing the DACT’s on Simplex Systems.