EST QuickStart Drill Silencing

Here at work, we have an EST quickstart that will not silence the alarms during a drill. Is this normal? I’m not sure if it should silence or not.

[quote=WhelenSirenFan post_id=80607 time=1527598788 user_id=4540]

Here at work, we have an EST quickstart that will not silence the alarms during a drill. Is this normal? I’m not sure if it should silence or not.

[/quote]

Do you pull the alarm or use the drill feature? There may be a timer inhibit, meaning you cant silence the alarms until a certain number of minutes have passed. Or could be programmed to have non silenceable signal circuits.

[quote=EdwardsFan post_id=80658 time=1527825090 user_id=85] [quote=WhelenSirenFan post_id=80607 time=1527598788 user_id=4540]

[/quote]

Do you pull the alarm or use the drill feature? There may be a timer inhibit, meaning you cant silence the alarms until a certain number of minutes have passed. Or could be programmed to have non silenceable signal circuits.

[/quote]

We use the ‘DRILL’ program on the panel. When I press silence to kill the alarms and stop the drill, the whole panel goes into trouble.

Is the “CPU FAULT” LED illuminated?

[quote="The Big Green" post_id=80664 time=1527864721 user_id=2562]

[/quote]

Nope, the alarm trouble light comes on. We use Genesis devices and 2 Integrities, will that impact the ability for the system to be silenced? None of the alarms silence (maybe the Integrities do, I have to hang out down there when we test some day) when the button is pressed during a drill, but when a initiating device is activated and silence is enabled everything except for some mystery Genesis (I think it’s the one in the cafeteria, it’s always had weird issues) silences.

[quote=WhelenSirenFan post_id=80665 time=1527872089 user_id=4540] [quote="The Big Green" post_id=80664 time=1527864721 user_id=2562]

[/quote]

Nope, the alarm trouble light comes on. We use Genesis devices and 2 Integrities, will that impact the ability for the system to be silenced? None of the alarms silence (maybe the Integrities do, I have to hang out down there when we test some day) when the button is pressed during a drill, but when a initiating device is activated and silence is enabled everything except for some mystery Genesis (I think it’s the one in the cafeteria, it’s always had weird issues) silences.

[/quote]

How do you turn them off now? & Have you tried pressing the drill button again once the signals are activated?

[quote=EdwardsFan post_id=80673 time=1527922307 user_id=85] [quote=WhelenSirenFan post_id=80665 time=1527872089 user_id=4540] [quote="The Big Green" post_id=80664 time=1527864721 user_id=2562]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How do you turn them off now? & Have you tried pressing the drill button again once the signals are activated?

[/quote]

Yes, that will cancel it out. I honestly think there’s panel trouble somewhere.

Honestly, using the drill button can do very strange things that the panel isn’t programmed to do. I know that on our Fire-Lite panel at school, silencing the alarm causes audible silence - something that was never programmed and doesn’t even do during a normal alarm condition.

Does resetting the panel usually cut the entire alarms, or as suggested, can you pressed drill or another button stop them? Some panels usually have you “exit” the drill rather than silence and resetting it.

[quote=DownsLife+Safety post_id=80713 time=1528152659 user_id=4181]

Honestly, using the drill button can do very strange things that the panel isn’t programmed to do. I know that on our Fire-Lite panel at school, silencing the alarm causes audible silence - something that was never programmed and doesn’t even do during a normal alarm condition.

Does resetting the panel usually cut the entire alarms, or as suggested, can you pressed drill or another button stop them? Some panels usually have you “exit” the drill rather than silence and resetting it.

[/quote]

When I press ‘Reset’, it cancels out the alarms, but when the reset process is done, the alarms come back on, as if an initiating device is still active. The screen says “Drill Active”. That’s it. When I press drill, the whole thing cancels out and never re-activates. Silence doesn’t shut anything off, neither do any of the other buttons, Any of the other buttons (up, down, menu, etc) just give the error beep.

OK, here’s an update. This morning we did a drill since the students are gone. I was in charge of the panel. I put it into drill, then tried silence. The whole thing crashed and re-booted, then re-alarmed and said “Pull Active”. We scoured the building and nothing was active. I tried the ‘Drill’ button again and it worked, but one mystery device stayed on and did Code 3. Turns out it was the EST Genesis in the bandroom. That wing of the building is on the same NAC as the integrities. The only other devices on there are remote strobes - sure enough, those are flashing. The integrities were on too. We reset the panel and it went into alarm trouble, which was caused by not resetting the NAC somehow.

Conclusion: There is a bug in the panel causing NACs to remain active, or we just aren’t resetting it properly. We’ll ask Koorsen when they inspect the system.

Now, onto the High School to test their 4005!

UPDATE

Koorsen has somehow fixed the problem. next time I test it I will post a status update on here.