Wheelock DSM Configuration on my Simplex 4004

Hello all,
Long time no post. Unfortunately I won’t be active for long; just seeking a bit of clarification on something.

So back in January, I bought a Wheelock DSM sync module along with a couple Wheelock Z-Series devices (ZNS and ZRS) and I’m planning to hook them up on my DSM onto my 4004 System so they can stay in sync.

My gut is telling me that the default diagram schematic for wiring the DSM in order to do what I want it to do won’t work (if you’re referencing the DSM manual, what I want to do is described in the Class B wiring diagram under ”Figure 4: Dual Class “B” Circuit with Audible Silence Feature.”

All was fine and dandy until I noticed a little footnote at the bottom which read:

Important: The appliances draw power from the strobe appliance circuit only.

And that’s where I got confused.

So here’s the configuration I want and how I have it all figured out in my head (and since the sync mod takes stuff from both signal circuits theoretically and sync strobes over both it should work, right?):

-ZNS (NAC 1 - which is what I am using for A/V’s)

• ZRS and RSS (w/RSS being the EOL) on NAC 2 (which I have designated as the V/O NAC).

What I want ultimately is when I hit the alarm silence key is for audible silence to happen in which all strobes remain flashing (including on the ZNS) whilst the horn on the ZNS is silenced. This may not be possible with the configuration I’ve described now that I’m thinking about it, but if anyone could give me any help that’d be great. Hopefully I’ll be on this board for a few days a little more so I can provide further input if required (as I get that what makes sense to me may not make sense to people reading this).

Anyways, any help would be appreciated…thanks everyone!

[quote=firefreak57 post_id=80781 time=1528648889 user_id=3667]

Important: The appliances draw power from the strobe appliance circuit only.

[/quote]

All this means is that the power going out of the sync module to the devices is drawn from the strobe appliance circuit on the fire panel. In this case, it is drawing from NAC 2 on your panel.

The horn input on the DSM only serves to activate or deactivate the horns on the sync circuits depending on whether or not any voltage is present. This power is not transferred through the circuit to the appliances.

In other words, this notice should not impact the wiring as shown in the installation diagrams at all.