How to integrate fire alarm to building control system?

We have a facility using Distech controls (BACnet and LonWorks) for HVAC system, and we would like to connect our fire alarm to this control, how do I know if this is doable with our existing panel? (we have one conventional panel and one addressable panel)

Depending on the panel it may have built in BACnet control. I’d suggest contacting your service provider as this is a complex project.

For that, it sounds like you would just have to connect the control box to a relay on the FACP, so that when the alarms go off it trips the relay & turns off the HVAC system. We just did one in a hospital where they were installing a new PA system, and we had to connect it to the FACP to turn off the speakers when the alarms go off.

It is possible that your control system can monitor the fire alarm system through its RS-232 printer output. If it is to control the fire alarm system in any way, all components must be listed under UL 864, which I don’t think is the case for any building control system. Lots of things can be integrated in these systems, but how current codes are designed, fire alarms must be their own independent, autonomous system.