URL: Need of a home security service

Howdy people! I have been seeking my friends’ and relatives’ opinions on finding the right security system for our house. There have been mixed opinions. My basic requirements are
1: The installed alert system should be controlled by my family and me anywhere, anytime.
2: During any mishaps, while we are absent, the central system should do the necessary work in providing a legitimate alert to the police departments.
3: Patrol duties carried out by professionals. Mobile patrols are preferred.
I have heard about this home security system (Home Security Monitoring Services in | CSP Alarms). Which system should I go for? If you guys know any better options, please do pitch in. I’m confused. Anyway, thanks in advance.

1 Like

SimpliSafe might be something worth looking into. It’s a DIY system so you just order all the parts you need, place them around the house, and then sign up for their monitoring service. You can remotely arm and disarm the system from your phone, and the system will automatically contact the monitoring center and dispatch the police if an alarm goes off. Here’s their website.

1 Like

If you are going the DIY route, Ring is also a great option. It is especially great if you are already using Amazon devices in your home as the smart home integration is awesome. They also have very low monitoring fees. If you feel like getting a basic system you could go for the second gen but the Ring Alarm Pro is also an eero Wi-Fi router and can also provide cellular internet backup for your entire home.

If you want to go more professional work while still having control, you could look into a company using 2gig products via Alarm.com. You can also add in home automation, and it can contact the central monitoring station.

Plenty of options based on your needs.

1 Like

Yeah I had I Go!Control GC2 for about 8 years protecting my house before I got Ring. It is one of those that works with Alarm.com and 2GIG devices as well as Honeywell wireless devices. It is a great panel and the only reason I got rid of it was because of the high monthly fees and the fact that it was outdated and used a 3G cellular communicator and 3G is now discontinued in my area.