Vista 20p - Bell Circuit Coding for Fire Zone Activation

Post here if you need help with something related to security systems.
Forum rules
Do NOT publicly post default codes for ANY security system or fire alarm panel.
(Rule #8)
DownsLife+Safety
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: Bousai Guy

Gentex Guy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:28 pm
DownsLife+Safety wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:34 pm What strobe setting do you have them on, and how do you have them wired up? The Exceder should sound instantly when power is applied and it's set to continuous.
Yeah I did mention that the Exceder sounds immediately when set on continuous, the Advance does not. I have the strobe on 15cd, and I did see when selecting the candela that it can only do 15cd on 12 volts, but I never set it higher anyways. Also, I have the positive and negative on the panel go directly to the positive and negative of the alarm. I don't have any other devices or an end of line resistor since I'm just using it as a demo system.
Your Advance, if a 2-wire model, should have an option to select between continuous and temporal. If 4-wire, the horn is coded by the power source.

How many devices are you hooking up at once?

I'm a bit concerned - the list you provided me here...
Gentex Guy wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:07 pm (...)
Gentex Commander 3, SpectrAlert Advance, Wheelock Exceder/AS, EST Integrity/Genesis
(...)
has 24 VDC devices - specifically the EST Integrity/Genesis devices and possibly the AS if it's not the 12 volt version. I hate to ask so many questions, but it doesn't add up to me. Could you clarify your setup for me please?
Bousai Guy ~ Inspiring to prepare safer lives
Find my YouTube Channel Here!
Gentex Guy
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: Gentex Guy

DownsLife+Safety wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:34 pm
Your Advance, if a 2-wire model, should have an option to select between continuous and temporal. If 4-wire, the horn is coded by the power source.
Yeah I have it set on continuous, but there's still that half second delay from when power is applied to when it starts sounding.
DownsLife+Safety wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:34 pm
How many devices are you hooking up at once?
Just one, but every now and then I'll switch it out.

DownsLife+Safety wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:34 pm I'm a bit concerned - the list you provided me here...
Gentex Guy wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:07 pm (...)
Gentex Commander 3, SpectrAlert Advance, Wheelock Exceder/AS, EST Integrity/Genesis
(...)
has 24 VDC devices - specifically the EST Integrity/Genesis devices and possibly the AS if it's not the 12 volt version. I hate to ask so many questions, but it doesn't add up to me. Could you clarify your setup for me please?
On the back of the AS and the EST devices, it says that they accept voltages between 16-33 VDC. I've metered the bell output and it's close to 13 volts. They seem to work fine, though it's probably not good for the alarms to be underpowered like that even by that margin. However, I usually only have devices properly rated to take 12 volts like the Exceder and Advance connected.
Proud owner of a Fire-Lite MS-2 Notifier AFP-100 system that drives my parents crazy!
Check out my YouTube channel!