Security System Pager/Phone Dialer

Post here if you need help with something related to security systems.
Forum rules
Do NOT publicly post default codes for ANY security system or fire alarm panel.
(Rule #8)
kcin556
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: kcin556

Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:42 am

When the DMP XR-500 I have was installed, it would dial out to the maintenance and security guards' pagers and to security's shared on-site cell phone. The panel was setup on that com path to dialout in CID (Contact ID). My dad doesn't remember how it was setup or if there was extra equipment to receive the call first.

Does anybody know how a security dialer could be setup to actually speak the alarm conditions over the phone and/or display a message on an alpha-pager? Or what other equipment would be needed for this functionality?
Nick - Administrator
Please send me a PM if you experience any issues or have any concerns. Thank you!
kcin556 on YouTube
NewAgeServer
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: NewAgeServerAlarm

Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:49 am

Try one of these:
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/visoni ... ms-dl-125c

It's not exactly what you want because it plays back a pre-recorded message.

What you want is more on the lines of my monitoring system project which I have not completed. Too bad I haven't yet otherwise I'd make an offer to you to set up an account.
Andrew Davis -- Chief Administrator & Site Owner
The Fire Panel & The Fire Panel Forums
All questions or concerns, please PM here or email at newageserver@thefirepanel.com

My Fire Alarm Site
YouTube Channel
kcin556
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:18 am

NewAgeServer wrote:What you want is more on the lines of my monitoring system project which I have not completed. Too bad I haven't yet otherwise I'd make an offer to you to set up an account.
When you finish it I definitely may be interested :D .
Nick - Administrator
Please send me a PM if you experience any issues or have any concerns. Thank you!
kcin556 on YouTube
kcin556
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:37 pm

Lambda wrote:So let's say your pager number was 212-555-1212, the account number was 9876 and the reporting code for "Zone 1 Alarm" was 31, the panel would pick up the phone line, dial 2125551212 (pause for 2 seconds) then dial 987631 - so the person receiving the page saw on the pager "987631".
This is exactly how the pager component worked, but with a six digit account number. The pager would display anything from "216655" to "216658" depending on which panel in the system was in alarm. I don't think it identified specifically a condition on the panel.

I talked to my dad and he said the computer in his office was tied into all the panels in the system so he could edit the access permissions, and he believes that is where the automated message over the phone originated from.
Nick - Administrator
kcin556 on YouTube