Security System Pager/Phone Dialer

When the DMP XR-500 I have was installed, it would dial out to the maintenance and security guards’ pagers and to security’s shared on-site cell phone. The panel was setup on that com path to dialout in CID (Contact ID). My dad doesn’t remember how it was setup or if there was extra equipment to receive the call first.

Does anybody know how a security dialer could be setup to actually speak the alarm conditions over the phone and/or display a message on an alpha-pager? Or what other equipment would be needed for this functionality?

Try one of these:
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/visonic-security-systems-dl-125c

It’s not exactly what you want because it plays back a pre-recorded message.

What you want is more on the lines of my monitoring system project which I have not completed. Too bad I haven’t yet otherwise I’d make an offer to you to set up an account.

When you finish it I definitely may be interested :smiley: .

I know some security panels could be set up with one of the dialer phone numbers programmed as a “pager” - DSC comes to mind, I don’t know if the DMP panels have this. What the panel would do is dial the pager number, pause, and send out the four digit account number followed by the two digit reporting code in a DTMF format. Think it only worked with 4-2 format. So let’s say your pager number was 212-555-1212, the account number was 9876 and the reporting code for “Zone 1 Alarm” was 31, the panel would pick up the phone line, dial 2125551212 (pause for 2 seconds) then dial 987631 - so the person receiving the page saw on the pager “987631”. I don’t think you can set it up to dial out Contact ID to a pager directly, the panel would be looking for the central station receiver to answer first and wouldn’t get the “kissoff” - so you will end up with a failure to communicate trouble.

We only set this up once for a customer. He wanted to know when his kid came home from school. So the kid’s user code was programmed to send out code 99 (or something like that) - if the kid didn’t disarm the alarm system by a certain time his father knew he wasn’t home and get in trouble!

This is exactly how the pager component worked, but with a six digit account number. The pager would display anything from “216655” to “216658” depending on which panel in the system was in alarm. I don’t think it identified specifically a condition on the panel.

I talked to my dad and he said the computer in his office was tied into all the panels in the system so he could edit the access permissions, and he believes that is where the automated message over the phone originated from.