Honeywell Intelliguard 5505 Key

Hey guys,

Does anybody know the proper key to open a Honeywell Intelliguard 5505 security panel? It is housed in a model 5591 enclosure and was installed around 1994. I have suspicions it may use a Radionics key, but am not 100% certain.

Thanks!

Is there a key number on the lock?

Honeywell keys (also Ademco & First Alert) are usually 1393 key. Radionics (also Bosh) are 1358 or 203 keys.

Thanks, Lambda. I’ll check those out.

I recall that there was a number printed on the locks, but I haven’t seen these panels in several years and have little memory of what it was. Three digits seems to ring a bell, so I’ll check into finding a 203 key. They have been out of service since 2001, and I was going to pull them in early 2013 but did not have a chance. I’ve been looking through all the documentation I acquired from these systems back then and haven’t found any mention of the keys.

Now I’ve got another opportunity, and I would just rather have a key to get into them when I show up on site, otherwise the locks will be drilled out.

Let me know what you find out. If you need I probably have an extra key around I could send you before you try to drill out the lock, especially if it’s a “common” key like a 203. Heck, sometimes the covers are so loose you can just pop them open with a big flathead screwdriver.

1 Like

I had an “oh, duh!” moment and realized that I had already removed a similar Honeywell enclosure from the building. The lock was damaged and I didn’t need the key to remove it. I dug through my box of scrap parts, and sure enough the old lock body was still there, marked with key #1358.

I assume all the cabinets within the building should be keyed the same. Do you happen to have any extra 1358’s laying around?

Thanks for your help!

I should. I occasionally come home with a key or two in my pocket and throw them in a container in case I even need spares. Send me a PM with your address and I’ll hook you up.