Seismic Alarm System linked to a Fire Alarm Panel??

Post here if you need help with something related to security systems.
Forum rules
Do NOT publicly post default codes for ANY security system or fire alarm panel.
(Rule #8)
YouTube Username: alaralara long

Seismic Alarm System linked to a Fire Alarm Panel??

Post by Si9_Lar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Hi everyone!!

First of all I apologize for my poor level on English but it's not my native language, anyway I'll try to be clear for this issue that has been a real headache for one of my costumers.

Well here's the situation: My coustumer has boutgh a seismic alarm system, the problem here is that they want to "link" the Seismic Alarm System to the Fire alarm contro panel throug a dry contact, all of this with the intenttion of activate the strobes and horns of the Fire Alarm System. We had recommended to use a Notification Circuit for each system, unfortunately our costumer don't have enough money to get this systems separately and have asked us to use the Fire Alarm System in the way I had explained before. The problem here is that our company is relativly new working with FACP (just Alarm & Detection) and we don't know if our costumer's panel could be capable of work with this kind of connection. So my question here is: There is a method to activate the Fire Alarm Notification System trough a dry contact? and How this connection could be done in the FACP?

Now, there´s some additional data of the existent Fire Alarm System:

- The panel is a Notifier NFS-320.
- The panel is linked to the sound, hvac, access control and intrusion alarm systems trough dry contacts (via FRM-1)
- The panel is only for Alarm and Detection use.

I really hope you can help us, again I apologize for my level on English. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Have a nice day.

Fire Alarm Technician

Re: Seismic Alarm System linked to a Fire Alarm Panel??

Post by chris+s » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:53 pm

generally fire alarm notification circuits are only allowed to activate for fire alarms.

it's easy to monitor the seismic system with a dry contact, the same you'd monitor anything else, with an FMM-1 monitor module. It's the same way you would monitor a water flow or conventional pull station.