Seismic Alarm System linked to a Fire Alarm Panel??

Hi everyone!!

First of all I apologize for my poor level on English but it’s not my native language, anyway I’ll try to be clear for this issue that has been a real headache for one of my costumers.

Well here’s the situation: My coustumer has boutgh a seismic alarm system, the problem here is that they want to “link” the Seismic Alarm System to the Fire alarm contro panel throug a dry contact, all of this with the intenttion of activate the strobes and horns of the Fire Alarm System. We had recommended to use a Notification Circuit for each system, unfortunately our costumer don’t have enough money to get this systems separately and have asked us to use the Fire Alarm System in the way I had explained before. The problem here is that our company is relativly new working with FACP (just Alarm & Detection) and we don’t know if our costumer’s panel could be capable of work with this kind of connection. So my question here is: There is a method to activate the Fire Alarm Notification System trough a dry contact? and How this connection could be done in the FACP?

Now, there´s some additional data of the existent Fire Alarm System:

[b]- The panel is a Notifier NFS-320.

• The panel is linked to the sound, hvac, access control and intrusion alarm systems trough dry contacts (via FRM-1)
  • The panel is only for Alarm and Detection use.[/b]

I really hope you can help us, again I apologize for my level on English. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Have a nice day.

generally fire alarm notification circuits are only allowed to activate for fire alarms.

it’s easy to monitor the seismic system with a dry contact, the same you’d monitor anything else, with an FMM-1 monitor module. It’s the same way you would monitor a water flow or conventional pull station.