Wanted: Sears Early One Smoke detector (squealer horn), Dicon 200

Got something for sale, or looking for a particular alarm? Feel free to post here. Also, feel free to post an interesting auction or a sale on a website you have found.
Forum rules
Topics that are over 90 days old will automatically be deleted. If an item has already been sold, the topic will be deleted per OP's request.

The OP of a topic is allowed to lock their topic, in this forum only. This shall only be done once the sale of an item is complete. It will serve as a flag for the moderators/administrators to know which topics to delete.
missj_73
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:53 pm

Hi guys, as a lot of you know I am starting a collection, actually already started a small collection of vintage smoke detectors as well as a vintage bell. Im looking mostly for 1970s units that are 9 volt battery powered. If anyone here is selling a Sears Early One unit with the squealer horn, a Dicon 200 also with the squealer horn (units were very popular in Canada from 1976 to 1978) or the Westclox smoke signal also with the squealer horn. Im interested in these units. My parents had them in their old house but they got pitched before I could get them. They all ran on 9 volt batteries. I don't have an ebay account but I was able to get my First Alert SA76RS from someone on this forum last year who was not a collector. Hope there is someone with one of these detectors out there somewhere.
Im also interested in General electric units from the 1970s as well.

Jan