Accidental Foam Suppression Activation in Aricraft Hanger

An area to discuss extinguishers and suppression systems.
lilrags16
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: lilrags16

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:49 am

Lambda wrote:You know you are having a bad day when...

http://www.news9.com/story/26372082/tul ... ssion-foam
Hahahahahah the birdies got. A bath!
Brandon,
If i offend you, remember i'm a stubborn, rebellious, hypocritical kid that hates change...
My YouTube
Around once in a while! :D
chris+s
Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:29 am

It happens, I've heard more than a few stories of foam being dumped in hangers. One involved a stealth bomber with the cockpit open. Oops. :shock:

One of our tech's recently dumped a CO2 system... by his own fault (inexperience with suppression, he didn't pull the solenoids). We also had a tech disable 2000lbs of FM200 gas, but didn't know about a smaller 80lb tank hidden away under some stairs and he dumped it in a pharma lab ruining a batch of whatever meds they were making. That one was costly.
lilrags16
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: lilrags16

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:31 am

chris+s wrote:It happens, I've heard more than a few stories of foam being dumped in hangers. One involved a stealth bomber with the cockpit open. Oops. :shock:

One of our tech's recently dumped a CO2 system... by his own fault (inexperience with suppression, he didn't pull the solenoids). We also had a tech disable 2000lbs of FM200 gas, but didn't know about a smaller 80lb tank hidden away under some stairs and he dumped it in a pharma lab ruining a batch of whatever meds they were making. That one was costly.
Ouch.... :roll:
Brandon,
If i offend you, remember i'm a stubborn, rebellious, hypocritical kid that hates change...
My YouTube
Around once in a while! :D
Signal Alert
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: SignalAlert

Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:07 am

chris+s wrote:It happens, I've heard more than a few stories of foam being dumped in hangers. One involved a stealth bomber with the cockpit open. Oops. :shock:

The bigger question is whose idea was it to put an hidden tank under the stairs, lol
Signal Alert
New Fire Alarm Videos Every Other Week

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/signalalert