Correctly Posting Images to TFP (Attachments Workaround)

Start here if you are new to the forum!
The topics here will help you get accustomed to the forum and it's features. Learn how to upload attachments, resize photos, and more.
kcin556
YouTube Username: kcin556

Correctly Posting Images to TFP (Attachments Workaround)

Postby kcin556 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:29 am

Here is how to correctly add images to posts on TFP during the 'Attachments' issue. These same steps are followed for users wishing to link an external images regardless of the 'attachments' functionality.

Keep in mind I created this as a resource, I'm not involved in addressing the 'attachments' issue or in board administration.

If a moderator/admin could move this to the Beginner's area, that would be greatly appreciated. There should already be one in there from me regarding videos in posts.

Nick - Moderator
Please send me a PM if you experience any issues or have any concerns. Thank you!
kcin556 Alarm Website - kcin556 on YouTube - Fire Alarm Sales

Robert A
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Re: Correctly Posting Images to TFP (Attachments Workaround)

Postby Robert A » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:53 pm

I've found that imgur works the best for this. It even gives you the BBCode for the img tags. You don't even have to create an account!
Robert Aslin
My YouTube Channel | My Website (Robert Aslin Music)
If you need to contact me for any reason, you may email me at aslinrobert15@gmail.com.
Go Pokes!

kcin556

Postby kcin556 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:13 pm

Robert A wrote:I've found that imgur works the best for this. It even gives you the BBCode for the img tags. You don't even have to create an account!

I'm hesitant to recommend Imgur (and a few others, for that matter) due to the high frequency of NSFW content on the site, especially because I don't want to be responsible for directing our younger users there. The site actually depicted is Photobucket, which is fairly clean, but still I stayed away from mentioning any specific names in the info-graphic.

However, "Off the Record" Imgur is a perfectly viable and convenient option. Thanks!
Nick - Moderator
Please send me a PM if you experience any issues or have any concerns. Thank you!

firealarmkid123
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Postby firealarmkid123 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:52 am

Couldn't you put your photos on something like a public shared OneDrive folder and just put the URL on posts instead? I'm a little hesitant using the photo hosting websites as some of the content I've stumbled along on those websites is...well...not appropriate... :shock:

I'd have to see if my OneDrive account is still active though since I made it in 7th grade for school

...otherwise I might very well end up using one of those websites... I know Flickr is a pretty good one but I'm not quite sure that it's free and it's more of a social media outlet than a photo hosting website.
15, and living the life of an average high school student. :)

kcin556

Postby kcin556 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:32 am

firealarmkid123 wrote:Couldn't you put your photos on something like a public shared OneDrive folder and just put the URL on posts instead?

That would work if you wanted to link photos to posts, however that wouldn't work if you were trying to actually embed the photo into the post. Same thing goes for Google Drive, iCloud, etc. It just has to be set to Public. However, photos linked from email will not work properly.
Nick - Moderator

Return to “BEGINNER'S AREA for New Forum Members”