What type of voice-evac is this?

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
randomperson
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm
Location: Area code 781
Contact:

What type of voice-evac is this?

Post by randomperson » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:49 pm

I have never heard this tone or message anywhere else on YouTube. Anyone know about this?
Remember: Fire alarms are serious and should not be ignored.
Google+ - Instagram

User avatar
Retired STR-SG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: west TN
Contact:

Re: What type of voice-evac is this?

Post by Retired STR-SG » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:06 pm

The tone is known as fast whoop. The spoken message is most likely a custom message written for the site.

Because of security concerns and the time it takes to re-screen passengers if the terminal is evacuated, many airports have AHJ approval to use a two stage alarm sequence. Our airport uses this feature.

Our airport is divided into sections. An alarm from a single device triggers a custom alert message in that section. Airport personnel have a fixed amount of time to investigate the situation. If no resolution to the situation is achieved, the system times out and changes to an evacuation message for the affected area. If a second device triggers in the same area the timer is defeated and the evacuation message starts then. When the evacuation message comes on other actions take place like unlocking secured doors so passengers can evacuate to the tarmac. If two devices in different areas alarm the entire airport immediately receives the evacuation message.

User avatar
randomperson
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm
Location: Area code 781
Contact:

Re: What type of voice-evac is this?

Post by randomperson » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:08 pm

I'm not asking about this being a 2-stage setup, I'm asking about the type of system that has these tones/messages.
Remember: Fire alarms are serious and should not be ignored.
Google+ - Instagram

User avatar
Retired STR-SG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: west TN
Contact:

Re: What type of voice-evac is this?

Post by Retired STR-SG » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Oh, sorry. I don't recognize the actual brand of system from the tones and message.

User avatar
randomperson
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm
Location: Area code 781
Contact:

Re: What type of voice-evac is this?

Post by randomperson » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:41 pm

Retired STR-SG wrote:Oh, sorry. I don't recognize the actual brand of system from the tones and message.
Awww... I've been wondering for months, not kidding!
Also, should this be made into a topic for anyone to post if they need help identifying a voice-evac system?
I ask this because someone posted a similar topic around a year ago.
viewtopic.php?t=7742 <- Older topic
Remember: Fire alarms are serious and should not be ignored.
Google+ - Instagram

[Isaaaakkk]
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:30 pm
YouTube Username: Isik A.
Contact:

Re: What type of voice-evac is this?

Post by [Isaaaakkk] » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:45 pm

randomperson wrote:
Retired STR-SG wrote:Oh, sorry. I don't recognize the actual brand of system from the tones and message.
Awww... I've been wondering for months, not kidding!
Also, should this be made into a topic for anyone to post if they need help identifying a voice-evac system?
I ask this because someone posted a similar topic around a year ago.
viewtopic.php?t=7742 <- Older topic
Yeh, I was gonna say it sounds more staged, like someone spoke it. Hehe
Why can't you hear a pterodactyl go to the bathroom?
Because the "P" is silent.

Potatoes are brown.

Don't trust an atom. They make everything up.

User avatar
randomperson
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm
Location: Area code 781
Contact:

Re: What type of voice-evac is this?

Post by randomperson » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:05 am

[Isaaaakkk] wrote:
randomperson wrote:
Retired STR-SG wrote:Oh, sorry. I don't recognize the actual brand of system from the tones and message.
Awww... I've been wondering for months, not kidding!
Also, should this be made into a topic for anyone to post if they need help identifying a voice-evac system?
I ask this because someone posted a similar topic around a year ago.
viewtopic.php?t=7742 <- Older topic
Yeh, I was gonna say it sounds more staged, like someone spoke it. Hehe
Not staged. The message is definitely prerecorded. There are other vids of this system.
Remember: Fire alarms are serious and should not be ignored.
Google+ - Instagram

User avatar
randomperson
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm
Location: Area code 781
Contact:

Re: What type of voice-evac is this?

Post by randomperson » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:54 pm

This is still a mystery...
Here are some other vids of this same type of voice-evac:


Also, in the 2nd video, what sounds like SpectrAlert Advances can be heard in the background.
Remember: Fire alarms are serious and should not be ignored.
Google+ - Instagram

User avatar
Destin
Retired Staff
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 4:44 pm
YouTube Username: thesdx
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Re: What type of voice-evac is this?

Post by Destin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:53 pm

That temporal whoop tone is Notifier. I've got the WAV file on my website.
Destin L. (thesdx)
My Website — FireAlarmCollector.com
My YouTube Channel
I'm no longer very active on here, but if you wish to contact me, feel free to send me a PM. :wink:

User avatar
randomperson
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm
Location: Area code 781
Contact:

Re: What type of voice-evac is this?

Post by randomperson » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:18 pm

Destin wrote:That temporal whoop tone is Notifier. I've got the WAV file on my website.
Thanks! I was wondering this for a while.
Remember: Fire alarms are serious and should not be ignored.
Google+ - Instagram

Post Reply