My [small] collection

Here you can create a topic to show off photos of your fire alarm collection, or to post a link to a website featuring your collection.
Forum rules
If you make a topic that has a link to your website, please mark it with "URL: " on the beginning of the topic name. Example: "URL: John Smith's Collection"
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:15 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:47 pm
That is a very cool panel that you got! Awesome job in getting it!
Rather was a very cool panel...

... It died as soon I powered it up, one of the capacitors in the power supply stage decided to blow up (yes, I fool you not).

It was from 2013... Pity.

But in the end I'm getting another panel that is, older and much simpler (and because I had a feeling this panel was a dud since the day I got it, even with the correct alarm/eol resistors it would only register an alarm condition half of the time and otherwise would shut down if I connected an NA.)

Clearly the fault lies in the motherboard and it's IMPOSSIBLE to find a replacement motherboard for the Polaris C2-6-10.
Hello from France!
If you see someone with my real name (Alexis Trinquet) without the uppercase A and T commenting on any of your videos please just ignore them.
Devices in my collection: too much to count and still counting..!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:30 pm

Well at least you have the panel for your collection so that is really good.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:54 am

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:30 pm
Well at least you have the panel for your collection so that is really good.
Nah I'm keeping the case, I've already removed the transformer inside (outputs around 45V, the power step-down for the signals was all done on the main board which went kaput) it's going to be a part donor.

And this time I'm getting another panel, albeit a older and simpler one.
Hello from France!
If you see someone with my real name (Alexis Trinquet) without the uppercase A and T commenting on any of your videos please just ignore them.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:05 pm

Got a lot of devices but right now I don't feel like posting pics of 'em right now (still recovering from a painful betrayal from someone I deeply trusted).

New sounder : Merlin Gerin SR (two tones : Afnor nfs32001 and Continuous) -> Uncommon. Dated from the late 90's

New sounder : Chubb BZ1L (the one I've got is very recent, made by Vimpex Ltd in 2008 according to the PCB's date code) -> Rare. This one will have its own post, as it's very specific.

New Sounder : Pau AE&T Multi-Tone (rebranded E2S Cube sounder) -> Uncommon to rare.

New MCP : KAC KR-1 (mine is an early model branded Nugelec on the front and has a breakable glass) -> Common. I have a second one which has a different mechanism.

New MCP : Baco/Legrand AC011 (?) -> VERY RARE. A very heavy glass-break MCP used for emergency shutoff. I don't have the key so I had to mess with the hinge to pry it open, picking the lock isn't an option... Unless I can't find the key for it.
Hello from France!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:03 pm

Sounds like a really good haul! Glad you got those devices! Also, I'm sorry about your betrayal.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:33 pm

'nother haul is goin' I'm not going to spoil the surprise because : I have no idea what it'll contain, but I know it's going to be devices that are rare as hen's teeth.
Hello from France!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Are they all gonna be the same rare devices or multiple rare devices?
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:24 am

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:50 pm
Are they all gonna be the same rare devices or multiple rare devices?

I have no idea... All I know that these are very rare devices but how many or are they the same or not? I can't really answer that.
Hello from France!
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:24 pm

The new devices have not yet arrived... Figured I'd make pictures of what I've got, sorry if the pictures are terribly blurry, my "sub-par quality" Chinese GoPro Clone (aka backup camera) certainly does NOT take good pictures/videos at all!

Don't mind the timestamp on the images, it's completely wrong, again, blame my backup camera (and also blame the fact it has a spherical lens so it make everything look like distorted :x)

Nugelec Manual MCP (rebranded KAC KR-1) :
20161001_083307-min.JPG
20161001_083307-min.JPG (732.45 KiB) Viewed 564 times
It's real glass on this thing, I'm never ever going to activate it. Older KAC MCPs are rock solid, the absolute Bee's knee, but when it comes to wiring, the terminals are made in such a way that wiring these can become rapidly a excruciating pain in the back.
This particular model is very rare (actually that membrane style is, the mechanism is very common, albeit this one is a very early model) as it sports the Nugelec S.A. branding in lieu of Nugelec's stylized "triangular N" logo.

Merlin Gerin SR-57041 :
20161001_083239-min.JPG
20161001_083239-min.JPG (708.61 KiB) Viewed 564 times
A very rare sounder, can do "Linear Continuous" and "NFS32001 AFNOR", Nugelec also had a Voice EVAC version that is rare as hen's teeth (and I missed one on eBay actually :/). These Merlin Gerin sounders have a particular place in my heart, because the school I attended to from 2nd grade to 5th (I skipped somehow 1st grade) had these, until said school was renovated because of a fire, the new sounders were Legrand ones and they sounded much quieter than the Merlin Gerin ones...
Fun fact: a library in my hometown still have these sounders, along with a RARE Merlin Gerin FACP that I really intend on snatching before it meets its demise!
My friend gave it to me as he needed to part with a lot of his collection... OFC that sounder isn't perfect, they have two retention clips on the back to clip on the backbox, with time the clips break loose, and guess what? a clip broke loose on mine. But surprisingly it still holds onto the backbox, in fact, I actually ponder if that thing actually ignores the laws of physics, because A) it is heavy (the speaker itself is quite large and heavy) and B) Only the top clip remains...

AE&T Pau T100 :
20161001_083148-min.JPG
20161001_083148-min.JPG (620.78 KiB) Viewed 564 times
Yeah that's right, there's a company called AE&T located in Pau, they're the ones who installed the strobes on the Eiffel Tower! The T100 is one of their older sounder models (a rebranded E2S sounder actually, the PCB sports a E2S logo in the corner)

Anyways I'll have to make a 2nd message because apparently you can't have more than 3 attachments at a time... Argh.
Hello from France!
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:26 pm

Here comes the Chubb BZ1L, in a nutshell it's just a buzzer and a LED, nothing fancy here, but wait! There's a jumper to disable the buzzer.
Attachments
20161001_083319-min.JPG
20161001_083319-min.JPG (657.58 KiB) Viewed 564 times
Hello from France!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:51 pm

That looks very cool! What a nice addition to your collection!
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:11 am

Actually, I had these devices since a while now, that's only recently that I took these pictures.
Hello from France!
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:27 pm

New stuff came in today!

I do not have pictures right now but I will try to get some, in no particular order:
  • Cerberus F715 Ionization smoke detector (dated 1988) : Ion smoke detectors are prohibited in France, it is very unclear about their fate, the French Nuclear Safety agency is being rather cryptic on the matter, not to mention the loads of misinformation on the subject, complicated stuff I tell you!
  • 2x ATSE KR-1 MCPs (date unknown) same as my Nugelec KR-1, but those sport the later mechanism that KAC used before switching to the current MCP design that they use, they both came with a plastic membrane (I'm not a big fan of glass MCPs... If you know what I mean)
  • ATSE detector anunciator, model number unknown, date unknown (just a dumb LED hooked to a smoke detector, once the smoke detector activates, the LED will light up), very similar to my Chubb BZ1L except the Chubb BZ1L has a piezoelectric sounder in it.
Hello from France!
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:35 am

Here is a attempt at taking a picture of the new stuff I got, excuse the mess as it was taken on my desk, you can see the two ATSE MCPs, with one torn apart as I was cleaning it (it was full of dirt and other gunk 🤮).

The Cerberus smoke detectors (which sticks out like a sore thumb by the way) looks quite yellowed but in reality it is lightly beige (slightly off-white).
Attachments
IMG_20190808_143045.jpg
IMG_20190808_143045.jpg (433.77 KiB) Viewed 52 times
Hello from France!