2010-11 Crisis Response Drills (Fire, Tornado,Lockdown,etc)

There is a false alarm/fire drill going on in the dorm next door. Since there is a Siemens speaker/strobe in every room, the building is all lit up. Interestingly, the strobes are only synced by floor.

Each floor probably has a sync module assigned specifically for it, since those things can only handle so much, I assume.

This past Wednesday, Stevenson had another fire alarm activation around 2:40PM after school. This is likely false due to the cold climates up here during this time.

Also unrelated as a drill or false alarm, the National Time trouble bell and annuciator in the main office were going off today during my lunch period! The bell and annuciator are coded to a continuous ringing and buzzing, respectively. The likely cause is that the panel is being rewired to make the fire alarm system more efficient, and this has been an ongoing process since around May of 2010, not long after a real fire took place at Stevenson.

January Fire Drill one morning at 9:45ā€“somewhere around the 25th.

February Fire Drill 2 Friday afternoons ago.

I donā€™t have the exact dates written down.

PSā€“Tornado Drill soon, of course about 3 more fire drills before school lets out and then I would assume at least one lockdown.

Yesterday, Friday March 12, 2011, we had a lock down drill. For whatever reason, they decided that it would be a good time to sound the fire alarm too, but it was in a different codingā€¦ :?

The 23rd at 1:45 was our last fire drill. I am not sure when the April one will be.
We had maintence on the panel the past few days due to major malfunctions on it from weather.
We also did a lockdown drill earlier this week.

Since my last post, we had a weather alert drillā€“I missed, out running errands during my planning time when they did it.
We had a shelter drill and a fire drill last Monday. Shelter was in the morning and fire drill in the evening.

If the weather is good, we will have a fire drill today. Iā€™m going to try and film it.

It was cancelled due to rain.

It was bound to come sooner or later; our 2nd (and last) required tornado drill was conducted at the start of 6th hour today (1:21). The drill lasted for 3 minutes.

Today, my school is doing a huge presentation on safe driving, and had a simulated crash scene complete with emergency vehicles.

BTW- That fire drill I mentioned two posts above ended up happening last Thursday. I brought the camera, but the movie didnā€™t go through.

My school just did 3 fire drills, the last one being this week.

The first one occured in my period 1 gym class, and this is the only one i have a recording of. The next one happened in my period 6 drumming class, which took me by surprise, and the last one, which I thought was a false alarm at first, just happened in my second period science class last week. I thought the last fire drill was a false alarm because we usually only have 2 fire drills in a semester, but Iā€™m guessing the administration staff decided to do an extra one this year. We also still havenā€™t had our lockdown drill this semester yet, or I am not to sure if it did happen, as I have been sick the past two days. We only have tomorrow left of school, and then exams start Thursday and end the following Tuesday.

Oh, and hereā€™s the clip of the first fire drill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqRPHBJjyMc

During the first night I was at Blue Lake, we had a state-mandated fire drill at 9:30, a time when everybody was in their units. The signals are whistles blown by the faculty in a slow march time pattern.