Battery Backup

Also I have a HID reader hooked up to a 734. When the system is armed I am able to disarm at that reader. When the system is not armed and the exit door is closed and no other faults exist it beeps and then arms for away at the keypad. So it does work for arming and disarming at an external reader. Could it be a bad keypad. Conflict with the two devices. I did disconnect the 734 and HID reader and then tried to arm at the keypad with no success. Or is there still an existing Programing problem. Thanks.

You could run the diagnostic program on the keypad by selecting “KPD DIAG” in the Keypad End-User Settings menu. Scroll through with the command key to “Input Wiegand” and present your Prox Patch. It should display “OKAY” if it reads the card successfully.

You must have “Closing Code” enabled to YES in the programming for the cards to work properly. Also, check the settings under the User Codes section in the Main Menu. There are additional permission settings in there. Since you are admin on 99, you should be able to change all of these.

For area systems, you must manually to select ARM and then present the card to replace the code…I’m wondering if for some reason this is the case with your programming settings as well. So try pressing ARM and using the patch rather than entering the code.

If all else fails, you could always try re-programming the proximity credentials from scratch. It’s possible that may iron out the flaws.

Ok. I ran the diagnostics on the keypad and it did read OKAY when I presented the fob. So that part is okay. I then enabled the closing code. I could not scroll with the command key and then hit away or home. That option was not there. If I either hit the #1 or 3 for shortcut for away or home it then asks for the code I present the fob and it does arm. If I disable the closing code then when I scroll with comand away and home display. I can press either and it arms without a code. Also if I press either shortcut key it arms without asking for a code.

The purpose of the Closing Code setting is whether or not to require the code to be entered for arming. Under normal circumstances, you only need to enter the code on arming to Force or Bypass a zone that is faulted when you go to arm.

So if I remember correctly, if you present your fob to the Touchscreen keypad it bypasses every arming step, correct?

Yes. On the touch screen keypad if I present the fob it will ask for home or away. If I don’t select any it arms away.

If you have a manual for the thinline keypads. In the back it shows how to arm and disarm. It shows that for a home/away system you just need to present the fob to the keypad and it will arm. Like it does on the touch screen.

Okay, if you are willing, try a little experiment. Go into the keypad menu and swap the addresses from one of the Thinlines and the Touchscreen. As soon as you enter the settings menu it takes the keypad offline, so open the menus on both keypads while performing the switch and restore them to normal when both settings are changed. That way you won’t end up with two keypads on the same address at any one time.

If the touchscreen keypad still arms correctly and the Thinline does not, the problem is with the Thinlines. If the keypad with the touchscreen’s old address works, then the issue is somewhere in the programming.

Ok I could try that. I only have one keypad hooked up and that is the thinline. I had the touchscreen but it made the system run slower so I took it off. The only thing on the system is the one thinline keypad At address 1 as a keypad. And a 734 at address 3. Address 2 and the other are not used. Then there is the reciever on the x-bus. And expanders on the lax-bus. Maybe it is something with the firmware of that keypad.

Ok. Thanks I think I figured it out. With an area system I can assign the code on the fob to any area. Then when I present it it will automatically arm. If it’s a home away system I can’t. I think it just has to do with the preset values in the home away system.

That seems logical. From my experience, area systems allow much more flexibility in programming because they are designed with capabilities for large scale commercial and industrial applications. On the other hand, H/S/A and All/Perimeter systems are targeted towards single-dwelling residential. Due to this, programming capabilities are streamlined and simplified for these applications.

Also. Do you know how to view the current firmware of the panel. Is it in Programing or the user menu?

I believe you can view it either under “System Status” or “System Test.” Off the top of my head I forget which one it is, or possibly it will display under both menus.

If i remember correctly, It is under “system status”.

I just checked on my system and I can confirm, it will display the firmware under “System Status.” You have to scroll through several status points, it will then display the firmware version, followed by the model #, in my case XR500. The same will hold true on your XR150.

Do 3 at the max if it’s good do 4