Blocking cuss words.

Thats the same on my forum as well i have word cencoring on for the entire board but each user could turn it off for them selfs.

From my knowledge, this feature is not enabled by default, and might have to be added with a mod. I know for sure that this feature is not pre-enabled upon forum installation. There might be a setting in the ACP.

When I say phpBB, I mean the base version of phpBB, without any mods, and I don’t think it’s possible to accomplish that without the correct mod. Once again, I could still be wrong. :wink:

Yes I quickly looked through a fresh phpBB3 install, and didn’t find that setting. I may have missed it, but you are probably correct.

I am not sure how I feel about this. I think preventing someone from unblocking what Andrew choses to “blank” out allows him to prevent things like certain names or websites from being revealed. I think he should posses that control, it is his forums.

We block certain names as well as cuss words so that when search engine bots “crawl” our forum and make an index, those words are not directly included.

One example is a particular security system company with a three letter name that we all love to hate.
I don’t want the forum to show up in search results for that company and maybe get us in trouble somehow.

I will not be allowing users to override the content filter, even if they are the ones who would be seeing it anyway, for that reason.

Now if there is some new derogatory slang word or a cuss word that we didn’t censor that you feel should be, send one of the admins a PM and someone will add it to the list, if it’s bad enough.

Wait, (Uh… It wasn’t…) is censored?

No it’s the (forums that shall not be named)

I tried typing the website name, but it was not censored by the forum.

You also have 1000 posts! Congrats!

i censor it my self.

Thank You. I don’t really watch my post count so i guess im at 1000 posts now? wow i post alot!

Same…

ADT is not censored…

Oops, when I posted “same…” earlier, I was talking to:

I had not realized that a third page had been created. My bad.

What? Im talking about DFA

I was talking about ADT.

Ass, Hell, and Damn should be censored. The name of the other forum should be censored.

The other forum DFA? No, This forum as well as the other are working together to address two different user groups. No reason to sensor it.

TSW was sensored on DFA because of questionable activity the site owner was involved with. We did not want DFA coming up in search results when searching the owner or site.

The Schumin Web is censored there? And what two user groups?