Code violations in my school

An elementary school in my city was built in the same year as the HS you mentioned; it had foundation issues too.

I thought all the buildings built before 1970 (those are my favorite) were supposed to be quality unlike the cheap crap that’s constructed today. I bet the district will probably regret constructing that new high school 20 or 30 years from now. I know a lot of construction companies convince school districts that it’s cheaper to build new, but in reality that’s just a complete lie; the newer buildings are more likely to have a lot more problems because of the quality of the construction materials and how everything is nearly electronic in newer buildings (more components likely to fail) The HS that I currently attend was built in 2016 and the elevator has already failed several times. Plus the newer buildings or just really ugly and hardly have any character to them unlike the original buildings.

I personally really like modern designs but I do see your point with the construction quality.

I like some modern designs too (only the ones that resemble historic buildings) , but I honestly prefer the OG historic buildings because of their quality—a lot of those buildings were designed to last forever unlike the newer schools, which are designed to last 20 or 30 years before needing replacement (I’m taking these words out of Old School Fire Alarms).

1 Like

I just noticed a new code violation at my school there is a taped up horn in the main office and there are numerouse troubles on the annunceator

I thought that Notifier SFP-400B was quite new. Although they should have inspected the other devices to also check them to make sure the connections on them are alright and works with the Honeywell systems.

We had a power outage in my building last year, and a lot of problems reared their ugly head. There were areas that completely lacked emergency lighting. By areas, I mean hallways. A bunch of the UPS units in the IDF racks failed either immediately, or within a very short time.

Also we have areas that have no working strobes at the moment because we have at least 2 malfunctioning FCPS-24 panels.

I remember something pretty similar if there was a power outage none of the lights would work (there was no emergency lighting either) and even the system panel had no battery in it.

1 Like