Edwardsfan Bell Tests

Those videos are really nice! I like the one with the Mircom horns that sound like SHGs!

[YouTube]49jMD2psMDs[/YouTube]
-Bell test in a 4 story building with penthouse. The system is an Edwards 6500, original to the building, circa 1979. Most pulls and Bells are original too. Pulls are Edwards 270-SPOs, and bells are Edwards 6100-Ds. This system has no smoke detectors on it whatsoever.

[YouTube]sasptVhzpCE[/YouTube]
-Test of a small pool system. This is in between a set of buildings, which are beside another set of newer buildings. The old buildings both have EST ESA 2000s, but somehow forgot to give the pool any sort of alarm system. It must have been added on when the newer buildings were built, those have A Mircom FA-1000 & FX-2000, with one of those panels controlling their pool. Alarm is an Edwards 439-6AWC, pulls 270-SPO. Panel is a little rusty, as it is in a boiler room inside a pool, it was well over 100 degrees in there.

Nice job on these videos! Can’t wait to see more!

Been a while, had a technician quit our company (nothing bad, he just wanted a change) so it’s been one busy summer with only me and my other coworker as the only licensed fire alarm techs in our company. But here are some vids I took in that time:

[YouTube]_wYqPWtAV90[/YouTube]
-Bell test in a small community center, I have recorded this place before. Just a short vid of the alarms in the gym.

[YouTube]cuWxAI-3lQc[/YouTube]
-Ringing the horns in an apartment building. The system is a Mircom FX-2000 with Mircom FH-240Rs. Used to be an Edwards 6500, the old panel is actually still there and intact, just behind the wall in a very small closet, used as a junction box.

[YouTube]Dp9mniJicsw[/YouTube]
-Bell test in a vacant house, once used as a youth home. The ‘pulls’ are Edwards 1534-1 key operated stations. The alarms are Edwards 439-6AWC (only 2 in the house). I’m not sure what the fate of this system is, but it might be getting removed. I was just at this building to disconnect the panel completely, so it’s no longer in service.

[YouTube]Qfa7ogyF9oo[/YouTube]
-Just a test of the drill feature on an EST Fireshield 1 zone panel. The bell is an Edwards 6100-D.

[YouTube]a_OWtkegoQM[/YouTube]
-Bell test in an apartment building. Horns are Mircom MH-25Rs, Pulls Mircom MS-401s. Panel a Mircom FA-1000. Fairly common system to see in buildings here built between the early 2000s and 12 floors or under.

[YouTube]Sdwiwa6UqG8[/YouTube]
-Another apartment system, this was a very large apartment building, lengthwise. Panel is a Mircom FA-1000, alarms are Mircom FH-240Ws, replacing some old Edwards system.

[YouTube]DSoydTd9NyY[/YouTube]
-This video was one of the reasons I was so busy this summer. Testing the horns in a parking garage/basement. This building was built around the 80s/90s, and was the first out of 3 on the same property. They share the same garage, but each system has their own NAs for each section. What happened was the parking garage is above a huge greenspace, and parts of the concrete sidewalks needed to be replaced. Little did they know they had wired everything in the ceilings, so they ended up drilling through our Fire alarm wire 3 times, as well as electrical, phone lines, etc. Just a huge mess. The main sprinkler systems for the garages had to all be rewired, the garage detection, and the horn circuit for that building. The alarms you hear are Wheelock 34T-24s, and an Edwards Integrity. The panel is a Mirtone 7900, which is original, but set to be replaced soon.

[YouTube]7Oo0sn0OFdE[/YouTube]
-A quick video of an EST speaker/strobe in walk test. This was done on a Vigilant VM panel, replacing a Mirtone 7900 voice panel.

[YouTube]POsZZziRGyQ[/YouTube]
-Bell test in a 4 story apartment. Panel is a Potter FX-2000, Bells Edwards 439-6AWCs, Edwards 275-C111 are the pulls.

[YouTube]u_TUZEdq0L0[/YouTube]
-Another 4 story apartment. The bells are Edwards 6100-Ds, pulls 270-SPOs, panel is a Mircom FX-2000.

[YouTube]RcKOU3pb0s8[/YouTube]
-Just me resetting the panel while my co worker goes around units. The panel is an Vigilant VS4, which we replaced. The panel before was an EST ESA 2000. The alarms are Edwards GS mini horns.

[YouTube]sp8eZBddvyk[/YouTube]
-Pretty much audio, but a bell test of an EST 1 panel. The code 3 is exactly like the Simplex 4001. The bells are Edwards 439-6AWCs.

[YouTube]RNxZb4seJ3U[/YouTube]
-Bell test in a 3 story walkup building. A sister building to this one, but this building has an Edwards 2280 panel in it.

Really great job on getting these videos recorded! Is it bad that I am still hoping to see Adaptahorns? XD

Lol nope not at all :lol: still hoping to find them somewhere else, we only do the one building with them so far and I can’t really record much in there because its a youth home. But here’s one I just did the other day:

[YouTube]bG1b_K65NtE[/YouTube]

[YouTube]BDMEo_mnA9s[/YouTube]

This was a bell test at a reconstructed apartment building. This place had a huge fire about 5 years ago, and they had to completely gut and rebuild it. The system in there now, is very, very loud, and to me, a bit overkill. The alarms are EST G1RF-HDVMs, and EST G1R-Ps. They have a lot in the hallways, and then each unit has a Horn/Strobe in the main area/hallway, then a horn in each bedroom, and most of these units have 3 bedrooms each. Ear piercing, I definitely had quite the headache after, the worst day to run out of earplugs :lol: The panel is an EST 3X, with 3 booster panels on each floor for the insuite horns, while the main panel controls the halls.

That definitely would not be an apartment I want to live in.

Some more tests, a fair bit of small clips over the course from a few months!

[YouTube]gKW0Zo9MBQM[/YouTube]
-In a small walkup building, alarms are Mircom FH-240s controlled by an FA-101T.

[YouTube]ezGNd1q2ESM[/YouTube]
-In the boiler room of the building above. The panel next to it is for the other building attached to it, they share a boiler room.

[YouTube]n0r9aN61dZ8[/YouTube]
-Just testing the drill function on this Mircom annunciator. The alarm is a Mircom FHS-400W Horn/Strobe, this building was built roughly 2 years ago.

[YouTube]fsuk9CVjJWw[/YouTube]
-Testing the elevator recall in this 6 story building. The alarms you hear are Edwards 439Ds.

[YouTube]ldSMXp_XVVU[/YouTube]
-Subsequent in the basement of the building above. The alarm is an Edwards 6100 D.

[YouTube]DnDI09Tnaps[/YouTube]
-Another drill test on a new Mircom system. Alarms are System Sensor P2RLs.

[YouTube]c8uywhNdVVo[/YouTube]
-Test of another new Mircom system in a small 2 story walkup. Alarms are Mircom FHS-240s.

[YouTube]xs-k8qeeLdE[/YouTube]
-Testing the alarms in a commercial complex, video was in the old medical clinic not in use for over 5 years. Alarms are Simplex 2901-9840s, Panel is a Simplex 4002.

[YouTube]x57iEi9pWSs[/YouTube]
-Testing a Cincinnati pull station, still in use at an apartment complex. The alarms in the background are System Sensor HRAs.

[YouTube]3lX70vFNlpg[/YouTube]
-Testing the alarms in a small 3 story walkup. One bell is an Edwards 439D, the rest are old Cincinnati Bells.

[YouTube]TVm4z9g5Chw[/YouTube]
-Testing the bells in an old apartment building, dating back to the 50s or 60s (as you will see by the massive boiler room). Alarms are various types of Bells, mainly 439Ds. The former panel was an Edwards 2280, now a Potter PFC panel.

[YouTube]Pp4J70Ra6zM[/YouTube]
-Just a look at an old Edwards 6500 original to this apartment building.

[YouTube]IO0HYk0VJfA[/YouTube]
-A test of the 6500 system above. The alarms are Edwards 5520Ds set to Siren. Originally, there was Edwards 6100Ds around, as you can see in the basement, but they were replaced with the sirens instead. I gotta say though, that would be creepy to wake up too for sure in an alarm.

[YouTube]Ufr3ykokzzA[/YouTube]
-A look inside a Mircom FX-2000 Voice system. The Microphone and telephone headset are located in the main lobby.

[YouTube]ZI2uMH0YDpk[/YouTube]
-A test in a high rise building. The alarms are old Mirtone speakers, The old system was an Edwards 6500 with voice evac, but then replaced with a Siemens XLS Firefinder system just recently. You will see me stop at the end of the video as I was juggling too many things and my keychain got caught in the railing.

[YouTube]inzmn2XTdPQ[/YouTube]
-Another building that had an old Edwards 6500 system, replaced with a new Simplex 4100 ES system. An unusual coding as well, it was used to keep the residents familiar with the alarm sound.

[YouTube]QVHE5FAzxy4[/YouTube]
-Another building with the same story as above, this time with Simplex Horn/Strobes instead.

[YouTube]DunmolfuU7g[/YouTube]
-This one was rather interesting. This was 1 of 3 very small 2 story walkups. All 3 used to have an Edwards 6500 in them, now retorfitted with a Mircom FA-1000.

[YouTube]sevIzI1QGms[/YouTube]
-This one is audio, as it was in a plant. We were replacing all the horns and old horn/strobes with new Eaton/Wheelock LHS3s LED horn/strobes, besides any Wheelock MTs. This was a test of it partially done, but we did get a majority in. You will hear the LHS3s, but also other various alarms, such as Edwards adaptahorns, Wheelock MTs, and even Edwards 5520Ds (3 were on the main factory floor).

[YouTube]KDYjc3NSRQc[/YouTube]
-Testing the drill function on this panel. Fun fact, I helped put this new panel in. The old was a Mirtone 790 series. The alarms are Older Wheelock 34T-24s. I thought they were 34-24s, but the label on them says 34T-24.

[YouTube]eBiT09b5dXY[/YouTube]
-This is in the same building complex as the building in the video above, but this has it’s original system. The Mirtone 790 series, and alarms are newer 34T-24s.

[YouTube]1JoEZZxY7rM[/YouTube]
-I posted this building a couple times already, but this is a complete walk through as I was the only one there. In a small community center, Alarms are EST Genesis, panel is a Vigilant VS series.

[YouTube]y5m7jEwOS48[/YouTube]
-In an apartment building from the mid 80s. The panel is an Edwards ESA 2000, alarms are Edwards Mini Horns, you can faintly hear Edwards 882-2Cs at the beginning (parking garage).

[YouTube]bpYyFJyCArk[/YouTube]
-Testing the alarms in a 3 story building. Alarms are Edwards 882-2Cs, Pull was an Edwards 275-C111, the panel was an Edwards 6616, but now a Vigilant VS Series.

Hole you enjoy! & Hope everyone is staying safe!

I watched all your new videos and was not left disappointed. Those are some cool setups!

I absolutely love the Edwards Custom 6500 system with 274-series pull stations, Duotronic horns and Durabel bells; it’s such a unique and unexpected combination of devices. I’m surprised that the panel’s “Power On” indicator still works as these bulbs seem to burn out often on 6500s.

The bell tone on the Simplex 4100ES voice evac system is surprisingly realistic (far more realistic than the electronic bell tone used on some other Simplex voice systems). Had you not shown the speaker/strobes, I would have assumed that the system used real bells.

Thank you! We usually replace them when that happens, as my boss used to work for Edwards for over 20 years, he knows the inner workings of these old panels. & Yeah I really wasn’t expecting the bell sound when I pulled it. But, as being government buildings, all of them had 6500s installed in them until just a few years ago.

More clips:

[YouTube]lY9C3-TGSjo[/YouTube]
-Test in a walkup. This is a 120V system, with Edwards Adaptahorns interconnected with smoke alarms & pull stations. Trust me when I say that horn is LOUD!

[YouTube]rR8pFe_xllA[/YouTube]
-Just a video of a flowtest. The pipe rises up to each floor, so the sprinkler technician can flow from each floor without the use of a hose.

[YouTube]EUoh6CYYlPQ[/YouTube]
-In a parking garage, alarms are Mircom FHS-240s.

[YouTube]PNRkokJryFw[/YouTube]
-Doing a monthly in an office building, alarms are Edwards 439s and the panel a Mircom FA-1000.

[YouTube]Fb6eC7UVfe0[/YouTube]
-Showing the walktest feature on a Mirtone 8000.

[YouTube]LsEujewYRlI[/YouTube]
-Test in a 15 story building. Alarms are Mircom Speakers, set to temporal.

[YouTube]a_lUyKVz1fw[/YouTube]

[YouTube]LY-h4a6fe0M[/YouTube]
-System Sensor sounder bases in a hotel room, one with strobes and the other without. These are combination heats and smokes. When the smokes are activated, like in the video, the LED goes green and the sounder goes off, and sends a supervisory to the panel. When the heat portion is activated, the entire system will go off.

[YouTube]ZoTECjoHHL8[/YouTube]
-One of my favourites, an Edwards ESA-2000 panel doing a slow march time.

[YouTube]NnJpljdo2h8[/YouTube]
-This is in an old office building, that originally had a Cincinatti system, then an Edwards, and now Mircom.

[YouTube]gSU0E2ctH2k[/YouTube]

[YouTube]Vji7iID6Xmw[/YouTube]
-Test in a 12 story building. The system is a Simplex 4100U with Speaker/strobes. Sorry for the video, as it was an active building.