Fire Drills, Severe Weather Drills, Lockdowns, Evacuation Drills for the 2017-2018 School Year

This was a really funny one.

September 16, 2017 at 9:42PM (East Building, Gymnasium)
So Homecoming was last Saturday and me and a group of about 8 friends decided to go and party out. It was way better than last year that’s for sure. Now, sometimes when the bass drops and everyone starts jumping they puff smoke out of these large smoke machines, and it would evaporate before it got to the ceiling. Well, they over did it the third time around, and I’m not sure but it seemed like the clouds of smoke were a lot larger and compact. I saw it and thought nothing about it because I was too busy dancing with gf and friends, but then one of the stray sprinklers (above me, why) got triggered and shot water down upon me, my mates, and everyone around us. Same time, the simplex 2901-9846s started wailing, but you could barely even hear any of them around because the music was so loud. :lol: Eventually we evacuated and fire dept. came, found no fire, and went away. Thankfully, the school increased Homecoming for us from 10:30 to 11:00 due to the incident.

They’re probably still gonna blow smoke out next year.

What they did wuz not cool. They shouldn’t use smoke machines next time. Also, I am posting from a school computer.

My district in the northeastern portion of the state arranges all fire drills with the FD. I need to talk to the principal about this particle helping out with the fire drill so I can hopefully walk around and record the alarms…any ideas how to go about asking that? I know the administration pretty well because it’s a smaller school and the principal but how should I exactly go about asking it in a persuasive but polite manner?

I thought sprinklers only activated with heat…

Really? At my school one is expected to dress up all fancy for HC, one reason why I only go to the football game because not only have I never been asked, I don’t own fancy clothes nor do I enjoy dancing…but the game is always fun especially when we play our arch rival across town…even though we usually lose miserably (last time we lost 0-48…not good). At my school HC is until 11:00 PM from what I’ve heard.

They didn’t have any food at my homecoming though. They had water, but that was wasted because kids (and me) would waste it by jumping with the water bottle open and it splashes everywhere. We did dress up formal for HC, though in reality it’s just a huge school party IMO. (I did go to an after party though and my friends had good food so its a win)

I don’t think they do here either. But since I’ve never went I don’t know. I’ll probably go next year since it’s senior year but not this year.

Finally had my dorm drill today! Taking a break from my channel’s regularly scheduled content to bring you today’s video. Still doing some quick edits, it will be up this afternoon.

I kid you not, I woke up this morning after a dream of having a fire drill in my dorm. That being said, however, the dorm in my dream looked nothing like my dorm, and even had Edwards Integrity H/S, which my real life dorm does not… So that was an interesting dream. Minutes after I woke up, the alarm went off.

I have my theories as to how, but this is not the first time I’ve predicted a fire drill like this… I get this itch, this feeling that it’s going to happen. Maybe it’s just part of having worked in the industry for so long.

Update: here is the video of my dorm’s drill today. Enjoy!

Was that a 7002T above that first RSS?

No, not even really too close… both Wheelock though! The 7002T is mechanical and these are very electric noisy pieces of crap. Wheelock NH horns! :wink:

Im stupid, i need to read descriptions better haha. I thought it was a disconnected 7002T. I know the diff between mechanical horns and electronic horns. (I am hoping everyone does)

No, that was a Wheelock NH remote horn.

October 5, 2017 at 11:23AM (4th period)
fd: “oh boy we have to deal with this school again lol,”

The last drill and three false alarms happened from the start of school to really early September. So, I thought that that would be it and the alarms shouldn’t go off anymore. My high school needs to have at least three drills for the entire school year, but since they count false alarms as drills (so many happen that really the only time we have an actual fire drill is at the start of the school year) I thought the Siemens system would keep it’s mouth shut.

And then the Simplex system wakes up. So as I’m in Computer Art (honestly its a great class seriously) doing this project where you paint your face on photoshop, the 2901-9846s start screaming. Cool. Luckily since the room has a remote strobe it isn’t very loud, but you can still definitely hear it. Even better, since the closest emergency exit to the school is CLOSED due to construction, we have to walk all the way down the hallway past the TrueAlerts and Exceeders (which are very bright, but you can barely hear them) and essentially exit through the commons area. Exercise isn’t bad, is it? One thing to note is that the even though the TrueAlerts by the very back of the school where the blocked exit is are set to code three, the TrueAlerts and the Exceeders by the commons are all set to CONTINUOUS just like the 9846s, which is very loud. Luckily we all got out, and they announced it was a false alarm again because of the construction, and the workers tripped something that caused the fire alarms to go off. Yay, that was twenty minutes of the period I’ll never get back.
Also the old 4901 simplex horn mounted on a 9105 which I thought was a mechanical horn was actually a electronic horn, so that’s cool.

Sorry TFPF… I failed you… this happened a week ago and didn’t post it here!

EDIT: I failed you again… I was wrong and did post

We had an actual fire drill today!

Read more:
<URL url="Fire Drill at Tunxis! text=“viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8656”>Fire Drill at Tunxis!

Fire Drill today!
Details: Google Workspace Updates: New community features for Google Chat and an update on Currents

I assume you couldn’t get a video of it?

Nope.
I didn’t have my iPhone with me. :evil:

Yeah that really sucks but you know stuff like this happens so we’ll have to deal with it. Maybe next time.