Have you ever been in a store when the fire alarm was being tested?

Ummmm, yeah… If you could go ahead and film a video of that sprinkler… that would be great. Mmmmmm-kay?

That’s it! The guy came in and opened up a wall panel that said “Inspectors Test” and water was flowing out an outside pipe for a few minutes.

Funny that you mention that, I was just wondering why out here, all of the California Walmart and Sam’s Club stores tend to have a Wheelock system (new stores with an “all-in-one” voice evac system that also doubles as a PA system and old stores with various Wheelock horns. Occasionally when the Wheelock break down, they are magically replaced with either a new Wheelock or SpectrAlert.

I was in a Menard’s in North Platte, Nebraska earlier this summer when the local Fire Department was testing the fire alarm system. The system is a Fire-Lite MS9200, and the main system consisted of BG-12’s, Spectralert Classics, and a few new Advances. Well, me and my grandpa were wandering around the lighting section, and the Classic right above us went off for about 10 seconds, and then around 3-5 seconds later, another Classic went off across the store. The signals were not in normal code-3, so I presume that they were doing a walk test.

Also, I was in a Kmart in Colorado Springs, and some sort of older fire alarm went off in the mall.
1 Like

Kind of. I had just entered the mall that a boscov’s connected to. a few minutes afterwards, the alarm in the boscov’s sounded. I wish it was connected to the mall system, as the mall had federal signal 450D+ earlier VALS in it.

yes I have in fact I work at this grocery store, during one of my shifts my supervisor announced that they would be testing the alarms celling mount classics and L series alarms I got to talk to the inspector.

1 Like

Was in a Walmart with Classics. I’m pretty sure they were testing, because they would go off, silence and repeat.

I haven’t been in a store but in my school one time the system malfunctioned and the alarms went off 3 times
Company that installed the system came and repaired the panel and the 3rd time it went off the PA came on and they said they were testing the whole system to insure they didn’t break anything

that happened at my elementary school but the alarm went for like a hour in the middle of winter