Humor - Fire alarm vocabulary

If you like honey, but hate all those different no good brands, try Honeywell!

Wheelock : exactly does what it says on the tin: it litterally lock wheels.

Simplex = Complex (It rhymes!)

Fine print: Yes, this was inspired by someone’s username.

Annunciator (n) - The part of the alarm system that does the annunciatin’, as opposed to the panel, which does the decidin’, and the smoke detector, which does the mis-overestimatin’

Edwards (p) - A company that successfully designed the Genesis, but has yet to design a Master System

NFPA 72 (p) - A phrase uttered by jihadists shortly before meeting a fiery martyrdom, meaning “Never Fear, Praise Allah, 72 [virgins]”

Pull Station (n) - A special type of lever that converts mechanical energy into mass frustration

Polarized (adj) - Denoting a type of circuit where energy can flow in both directions if connected to 120 volts AC

Short Circuit (n) - A circuit with zero resistance, possibly indicating that:
1. You burned the fries
2. You’re about to fry
3. The NAC is fried
4. You’re fired

Me: How much did you pay for that simplex pull station?

Friend: I paid $20.99 for it

Me: you’re lucky, I paid $42.51 plus $20 for shipping.

Addressable (adj.) - Capable of giving proper directions

Candela (n.) - A unit of measurement used by fire alarm enthusiasts to determine how badass their system is

Conventional (adj.) - Believing that “I dunno, the fire’s somewhere over there. You look for it, man.” is an acceptable answer

Decibel (n.) - See candela

Halon (n.) - One of a variety of chemical compounds which say “Hasta la vista, baby!” to fire

Mass Notification (n.) - Now everybody do the propaganda, and sing along to the age of paranoia

Strobe (n.) - 1 A meticulously-placed xenon- or LED-based visual signal using state-of-the-art synchronization technology. 2 A dim light that’s impossible to see unless you’re looking directly at it, and mounted 30 feet high for some reason

Storbe (n.) - my favorite kind of fire alram cause its cool and my dad got it from his work and i can make it light up with 3 9 volt batries and hang it on the wall with a nail but dont watch it if u hav epilepsy

Tone (n.) - 1 (In the games) A sound unique to a particular type of signal. 2 (In the anime) A sound mimicking a signal’s model number, to make the program more storbe-friendly.

Voice Evacuation (n.) A type of fire alarm notification system which produces weird noises and repetitive speech, much like us fire alarm enthusiasts

If you say yes to fire, you better correct yourself and say Notifier (No-To-Fire)

Simplex chevron (n.) - A proprietary and Complicated gas station.

[quote=RSSAlarms post_id=85200 time=1571345923 user_id=4672]

Simplex chevron (n.) - A proprietary and Complicated gas station.

[/quote]

crickets

I have nice rotten tomatoes that we can throw at him. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=85226 time=1571682638 user_id=18]

I have nice rotten tomatoes that we can throw at him. :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

please don’t do it!

Well you said the magic word so I will stand down.

For now. 8)

Potter- the fire alarm devices at hogwarts

[quote=firedriller post_id=85232 time=1571774739 user_id=1336]

Potter- the fire alarm devices at hogwarts

[/quote]

simplex 4051 is gonna get the tomatoes, watch out

Duct detector: The result of someone trying to attach a smoke detector with duct tape, when you just don’t have the time to drill some holes because you’re in a hurry.

I’ll see myself out for this one…

People might not get that because at least in my case I can say I have never heard of having to drill holes to install a smoke detector.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=85237 time=1571805819 user_id=18]

People might not get that because at least in my case I can say I have never heard of having to drill holes to install a smoke detector.

[/quote]

In some cases, holes need to be drilled in the ceiling to attach the mounting screws.

Ah have another one then, here goes nothing.

Sprinkler: Someone who really like to rain on someone else’s parades.

That actually… isn’t really half-bad. A good pun finally. I will put my tomatoes away for another day.