I'm so old I remember when...

Playhouse Disney (sad they got rid of it), VHS was still a popular format, but began to be phased out. Simplex began marketing the 4906 series Around 2003/2004, CRT televisions were popular, the Original Xbox was a thing, MySpace and AOL instant messenger were popular sites. And let’s not forget Bob the builder, I loved that show a lot.

I remember when the ads ran when Dora the Explorer was about to premiere.

Windows Live Messenger (good old days) was still a thing, and Skype wasn’t really that big.

VCRs were on their last legs and matter of fact, I killed one… With a banana :expressionless:

CDs were still widely used.

Napster was also a thing, so did combo cassette tape/CD/Radio boomboxes.

Windows Vista was brand new… And also had its fair share of haters.

Windows 7 and its subsequent SP1 were all the rage, I’m really going to miss that OS. Probably one of the best Windows I ever used.

We didn’t had that “flat material design” cra- stuff (I’m sorry but it feels extremely bland, I just don’t get the hype for it.).

Plasma TVs were a thing (and I still have one at home! Good ol’ Samsung plasma from 2008 or so, 10 years old and it’s still going strong, they don’t make 'em like they used to!) alongside with the fabled CRT TVs and monitors (yes I still use a CRT monitor in 2019)

[quote=Alexis_T post_id=85250 time=1572090989 user_id=3602]

Windows Live Messenger (good old days) was still a thing, and Skype wasn’t really that big.

VCRs were on their last legs and matter of fact, I killed one… With a banana :expressionless:

CDs were still widely used.

Napster was also a thing, so did combo cassette tape/CD/Radio boomboxes.

Windows Vista was brand new… And also had its fair share of haters.

Windows 7 and its subsequent SP1 were all the rage, I’m really going to miss that OS. Probably one of the best Windows I ever used.

We didn’t had that “flat material design” cra- stuff (I’m sorry but it feels extremely bland, I just don’t get the hype for it.).

Plasma TVs were a thing (and I still have one at home! Good ol’ Samsung plasma from 2008 or so, 10 years old and it’s still going strong, they don’t make 'em like they used to!) alongside with the fabled CRT TVs and monitors (yes I still use a CRT monitor in 2019)

[/quote]

How did you kill a VCR with a banana? I remember spraying a VCR once with household cleaner when I was young, made my parents upset (luckily the VCR didn’t break)

I’m assuming he peeled it and then shoved the banana into the VCR. And that the VCR was s**t.

So he decided to that “this s**t is banana.”

Oh yeah, I remember when that song came out.

I am so old I remember when…

-When people still used VHS tapes and CRT TVs.
-When Windows XP was still normally used and was the best you could get.
-When the Spectralert Advances started to pop up everywhere in the late 2000’s.
-When PBS started to blow up on the TV.

• When DVDs became mainstream and VHS was abandoned
    -Phones did not have games or youtube

I think I jammed it until the heads were completely gunked up… Well in my defense this VCR never worked right (it ate trough tapes like nothing did). So uh, well, let’s just say it was already dying and I just finished it off.

I’m so old that I remember when FURBY first came out. :smiley:

American Airlines let families board as priority.
Fort Riley Elementary used to be a 60s building. Checked on Gmaps and it’s gonna be replaced.
Family Video was located on College Avenue in Appleton.
There were Searchlight signals on the former Soo Line.
Minecraft version 1.8.9 was the hot new update.
And so much more I have forgotten…

I know that I was only born in 2006, but, hey, tons of crap has happened since that!