Important! The 'New Fire Panel Forums' are here!

Hello everyone, it’s been a while I haven’t logged in there haha, I like the new Discourse forums so far (it’s not my first rodeo with Discourse… So for me you can say the learning curve isn’t as steep as it was for others).

1 Like

Your name came up as I was going through some older posts yesterday and I was surprised to see your “last seen” time. Glad to see you here again! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Haha thanks, I somehow had stumbled upon one of my older topics (I belive it was the one I made about a particular Amseco horn?) and saw that the forum looked much different, I’m glad to know that this community is still thriving, there’s definitely a lot that I’d need to catch up on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, trying our best to get it back to what it once was… I strongly believe that phpBB was a limitation for us. The transfer wasn’t perfect, but I think long term this is going to be helpful. At least Discourse works on mobile!

Yup I saw about the caveats of the migration, for my topics at least, I might still have the images (not all of them however) and some I haven’t posted before. I guess it’s a small price to pay for a better UI/UX.

Truth be told, the forum feels more snappier with Discourse, I don’t know if it’s just me or not but there’s that.

Oh and that’s the Amseco I had inquired about (talk about a trip down nostalgia lane), it’s a BZ-50P as far as I can recall:

(and next to it is a Legrand 240V bell, this one has an interesting history behind it, but that’s another story for another thread ;))

I have all the images from backing up phpBB. You’re able to edit your own posts now so if you’d like, I can email all your pictures to you and you can edit your posts. Otherwise I’ve been doing them one by one, and it’s a long process.

No it’s fine, take your time, I’ll wait :slight_smile:

I mean, if you want to do it it’ll actually help me out! :sweat_smile:

Oh sorry, I misinterpreted lol but yes, you can email me my pictures so I can put them back manually. I’ll fix up the formatting in my posts in the meantime.

2 Likes

I can help you with that.

2 Likes

I can certainly email you your pictures as well.

3 Likes

@MrFireAlarm I’m not seeing that you uploaded any images to the old forums. Perhaps could it have been only that you embedded from other websites? If so those images should not need to be reset.

1 Like

No, the images I have uploaded were uploaded already.

(Sorry for the late response/bump.)

1 Like

No worries, in fact I think we’ve opted to change the stance on post bumping. That rule was in place before we took over. We think that if old posts are able to provide information, and also can continue discussion, I don’t see an issue with it.

2 Likes

:smiley: :grin: Awesome! ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌