It finally happened

A notifire nbg-10 Pull station

ah that makes more sence

1 Like

also my school is 25 years old

Never had a false alarm in my K-12 schools that I remember. However, I did have a false alarm occur once when I was in a dorm on a summer pre-college program. System had TrueAlerts on SmartSync (horn/strobes in the halls, remote strobes in the dorms), although one was on continuous (may have been set to free-running). Not sure on the panel, but I’d assume it’s a 4010, based on the devices and size of the dorm.

After a couple of minutes, after emergency services investigated, we were allowed back in. Never knew the cause of the alarm, but rumor was someone sprayed deodorant that tripped their room’s smoke detector. I did find out someone was in the shower when the system went off!

You can view the system going off here: https://youtu.be/X_nASStDWuM

Wow, wish you could have found out what exactly happened. I wonder what kind of detectors could be set off by deodorant? Wonder if they were ionization detectors.

never heard of that before

I know former enthusiast Xsk8r114 once set off a photoelectric Simplex smoke detector (a 2098-9636 to be exact) with a can of deodorant.

Hmm… didn’t know that was possible.

The dorm used addressable TrueAlarm photoelectric detectors (see video). When dust and insects can trigger detectors, I’m sure deodorant aerosol could too.