Kevtistic's Alarm/General Signaling Photos

Not that bad at all! Really great pictures! Do you think that the MA/SS is replacing an older signal?

It’s possible, but it may just be a trim plate. Many different businesses in this shopping center use different systems.

Many non ADA and ADA compliant MA/SS sounder strobes used that trim plate, especially in semi-flush installations. When I typically see MA/SS alarms they are on these trim plates (which were OEM’d by System Sensor). I’ve also seen them on Wheelock SFP plates, which we could assume replaced a 7002 or 7002T at some point (I saw that configuration at a restaurant; if you want to see pics they’re in my Fire Alarm Picture Collection Volume 1 video on my YouTube channel). They were paired with Honeywell S464A pulls, so I assumed that was left from an earlier install.

I didn’t even know that was a trim plate to be honest with you. I thought that it was a plate covering up a hole left by another alarm. It certainly does look like that. Which is why I thought of it.

Yeah, I get why you would have thought that. When I first saw a MA/SS in an install with those trim plates, I assumed that too.