Large Fire Alarm Control Panels

On a slightly offtopic note (while we are talking about logos etc.)

Looks like FCI has some logo competition!

Looks nothing like…

BAM!!

I would also recommend Verdana - it was specifically designed to be legible at smaller sizes, so the x-height (space between the baseline and median line) is fairly large to give lowercase letters a boost in comparison to caps, and the character proportions are wider to prevent blurring on low-resolution displays.

I personally prefer Ubuntu. It’s the system font for the Ubuntu operating system, and I think that it looks very clean and professional.

The other fonts that Andrew and Destin mentioned look really good too. I think anything would be a step up from Times New Roman, anyway.

We’re seriously discussing fonts on FACPs here. :lol:

Yes. We are.

On another note, the “switches” on the Drill and Walk Test features on the S3 are reversed. Instead of it being OFF and you touch it to turn it ON, it says ON when off and OFF when on. Confusing, I know, but it’s a pet peeve of mine.

I didn’t even realize that Brian was in that video until recently! :mrgreen:

Haha good catch. Yes its me on the video.
Caught the same thing on the Switches last week.
Good font discussion, the R&D team was surprised I brought it up. We are getting rid of any Times New Roman or Serif font.

It feels good helping Gamewell-FCI improve products! I want to see more S3 systems where I live now!

On yet another side note, is the touch screen resistive (only registers one finger) or capacitive (can register multiple fingers)?

Resistive and capacitive are two different technologies. Not all capacitive touch screens are capable of multi-touch, however. It all depends on the firmware driving it and how the LCD is wired.

Huh. I didn’t know that. I always thought that resistive only allowed for one finger, relying on pressure, and capacitive could allow for multiple fingers, sensing heat.

Good morning!

I am new, but I had a question. It might have been answered already and if I missed the response, forgive me:)

With that said, I am wondering can an FCI E3 panel replace an NFS2-3030 and keep its existing devices in play? I notice that the protocol are the same, and it might be limited, but I thought y’all might have seen something where an FCI replaced a Notifier.

Thank you, everyone, and let me know if you need more information.

No. The protocols are identical but have a software lock known as the brand ID.